Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Hope all is well and that you get power back soon.
Thank you for the kind words. We were relatively unscathed. Our power came on last night at 11. I can now go back to the Magnum Dynalab FT101.

The ICF2010 was very useful and performed well as we sat in darkness. A great short wave and AM/FM radio that I have had for many years.

Ed

Listening to "Night Tides" on KCUR 89.3 in Kansas City
A show of multi-genre music - Been on the air for over 20 yrs on Sunday night
NightTidesImage.JPG

Spinning the dial on a newly acquired Pioneer TX-9800

P1010355.jpg

listening to WBGO 88.3 Newark,NJ....dont use this tuner much,but it sounds very good NAD 402 tuner...PS Audio 5.6 pre ....Adcom 535II amp ....AudioPrism 6500 antennaIMG_1321.JPG speakers....POLK Audio monitor 5B

I am listening to some "smooth jazz" on WHOV (Hampton Univ.), using a Sansui 771 that loves a pair of rabbit ears. Right now it is hooked to some little JBL J50 bookshelf speakers.
I just turned the volume way down and engaged the loudness to even things out a bit.
Good night.

I'm listening to classic rock over my Sangean DT-160 driving Sony budget MDR-110ZX headphones. With better options all around me. And enjoying the hell out of it. Go figure.

sangeandt160.jpg sonyheadph.jpg

This transistor-sized model has 10 FM presets, five AM, DSP tuning, wide/narrow bandwidth, a timer, mono/stereo switch and, best of all, is simple to operate. The sound is too lean, but it has a bass boost that works okay (a bit overblown, imo) for rock and some jazz. Reception is its strong point, and I love this little $35 tuner. No speaker, headphone only, and the 'phone is the only antenna option. I bought both items in white, looks good.

Last edited:
'Jazz Night in America," NCPR, the little Sony. 88.9 in my little town. Not through my main stereo; just for fun I dug out my Trends Audio T-amp and a pair of JohnBlue 3 single driver speakers. The JohnBlues can be incredibly lifelike with some kinds of music - female vocals - but maybe not great in this context. Gonna listen some more.

s.

Listening to WTYD FM 92.3 out of Williamsburg VA.

Using a Pioneer SX-1000TW.
Used to be able to hear these guys in Richmond, until 92.1 turned their IBOC hash
back on. They didn't appear to stream for the longest time, but I see now they do,
so thanks for getting me to find out!

Do you ever listen to WCWM? (when they actually broadcast :))

Ken,
I had never heard of WCWM.
I did not know the college had a station.
Makes sense though.
I will give them a try.

Thanks,
Ray

Doesn't look like they're on the air presently. They've been increasingly
erratic the last few years.

Their website has a mention that they are looking for DJs
Perhaps it is difficult to get a 20 yr-old interested in radio these days.

It's still the little XDR-F1HD, not one of the sexy vintage choices, but remarkably good (esp. since the moewillis recap) and playing very nicely indeed with the new amp and Khorns. I owe owning this tuner to being an AK member. Read about it here back when new ones were under a c-note, ordered it, and had it modded by hanging around here. Just so I could slide into Nirvana tonight listening to Sleeper's Awake on KUCO, 90.1, OKC.

Back
Top Bottom