Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Local Community radio station in Eastern Maine, the show is called Daydream Nation, check it at WERU.org. I am listening on a Lloyd's solid state stereo tuner with 8 track. It is the only tuner I have now that is currently operating. My 2 Pioneer units have both failed on me.

I’ve been alternating between listening to Jazz CDs and tuning into Iowa public radio 90.1 blue avenue with Bob Dorr this afternoon. Enjoying some quality tunes with a Yamaha T-85. FM radio is still a big part of my audio enjoyment.

Saturday Morning Flashback. 1978 this morning. WXRT Chicago 93.1. Van Morrison, Talking Heads, Nick Lowe, Billy Joel, Pat Metheny, Elvis Costello, Greg Kihn, Blues Brothers...lot's of good tunes to jog the memory. Love It!!! I think they only stream live but pretty sure they post the playlist on their website.

The Blues Show on 89.3 WNUR Northwestern University, just up the road from Chicago in Evanston IL. Listening on the new-to-me Luxman R-1120A. Excellent tuner on this thing, which was recapped and aligned by a tech 15 months ago.

lux-wnur.jpg

The Blues Show on 89.3 WNUR Northwestern University, just up the road from Chicago in Evanston IL. Listening on the new-to-me Luxman R-1120A. Excellent tuner on this thing, which was recapped and aligned by a tech 15 months ago.

View attachment 1112371

I've been down there on the dial a few times. I figured it was college. Did not know it was Northwestern. I kind of forgot about it. I'll visit more often.

I've been down there on the dial a few times. I figured it was college. Did not know it was Northwestern. I kind of forgot about it. I'll visit more often.
They have some decent music programming. My own favorite shows are The Blues Show and Jazz Impressions. Be forewarned though that their programming is sometimes interrupted by NU athletic events. WLUW Loyola also has a good show at noon on Saturdays, the New Orleans Music Hour.... Anyway, happy listening, fellow Chicagoan. :music:

Back at you:music: I grew up on WXRT in the far south burbs since they were only on weekend nights. I even remember it's precursur WGLD. It's been my go to station this whole time. I DO get tired of hearing the same 100 or so new releases ad nauseum though so I searched last night and found the Loyola station. I believe it was 89.7. They were featuring songs about cars, it was pretty cool. Even though I live on the north side now I couldn't tune in the NW station too well. My place is lower level and I'm just using dipoles on the tuners in the LR and office. One of these days I'll get a proper antenna setup so I can get those low power college stations as good as the big boys. I probably listen to radio as much or more than LP's or other media and streaming so it will be worth the effort.

FC1A1129.JPG

98.7 FM - WMZQ - Country Radio....something by Lady Antebellum ?

New acquisition, Marantz 2220B

Guess it's a 70's thing to do but whomever was the previous owner engraved a bunch of numbers, smack dab in the front next to the Marantz logo, on BOTH sides! :crazy:

FC1A1149.JPG

Swapped it out for a newer one from the Bay tonight,...

FC1A1151.JPG
FM - WBIG 100.3 Washington DC

So far,...

Ozzy Osbourne "Crazy Train"
Tom Petty "Mary Jane's Last Dance"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Give It Away"
Led Zeppelin "Immigrant Song"

Guess it's a 70's thing to do but whomever was the previous owner engraved a bunch of numbers, smack dab in the front next to the Marantz logo, on BOTH sides! :crazy:

View attachment 1121324

Swapped it out for a newer one from the Bay tonight,...

View attachment 1121323
FM - WBIG 100.3 Washington DC

So far,...

Ozzy Osbourne "Crazy Train"
Tom Petty "Mary Jane's Last Dance"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Give It Away"
Led Zeppelin "Immigrant Song"

Possibly from an owner in the military.

S.J.

My pic ain't great but it's there. The 2220B cleaned up nice. My first Marantz,... I usually flip stuff like this but I'll probably keep it for a little while. :biggrin:

Definitely a nice lookin' unit. A lot of the guys would scratch #s on their gear but they usually did it on the back.

S.J.

Will be listening to long time legend Bonnie Simmons shortly on KPFA.
1104171525.jpg

The Harlem Globetrotters are coming to Abu Dhabi so I got Dinner Jazz on AD classic to play " Sweet Georgia Brown " and dedicated to the legacy of Meadowlark Lemmon.

Jazz on WRCJ Detroit, Magnum Dynalab FT-101A. I don't know what the track is that is playing at the moment, but the bass is beyond awe inspiring. Holy crap!

Reactions: DC
Back
Top Bottom