Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

That is a fine tuner. I primarily listen to our local jazz station here, WDNA 88.9. I use your MD-90's older sibling, the FT101.

Cheers!
Thanks for the comment. I bought the MD-90 new and have owned it for about twenty years now. I picked up a well regarded vintage Sansui tuner a number of years ago and really wanted it to work out (man was that thing gorgeous). But I simply found the MD to be preferable (man does this thing sound gorgeous, lol). It will likely be my last tuner and I won’t be surprised if it outlasts KMHD who now touts themselves as “Jazz Without Boundaries” which upon listening translates to “Jazz, and a lot of music that isn’t jazz”. Sigh.

Thanks for the comment. I bought the MD-90 new and have owned it for about twenty years now. I picked up a well regarded vintage Sansui tuner a number of years ago and really wanted it to work out (man was that thing gorgeous). But I simply found the MD to be preferable (man does this thing sound gorgeous, lol). It will likely be my last tuner and I won’t be surprised if it outlasts KMHD who now touts themselves as “Jazz Without Boundaries” which upon listening translates to “Jazz, and a lot of music that isn’t jazz”. Sigh.

Hello Guth, those Sansui tuners are beautiful.
I do like the MD look, with the three meters and the bank of toggle switches. My power meter does not work properly, getting stuck in the middle of its range. I don't worry about it as I just tune right in the middle of the pass band and forget about it. This tuner is rock steady.

I agree with you that the MD line sounds gorgeous. Sure, the build quality does not compare to classics such as the Marantz 10b or McIntosh but mine is very reliable and just sounds great.

WDNA here also plays lots of other kinds of music, despite their "Serious Jazz" slogan. We are lucky to have excellent programming with very knowledgeable disk jockeys. I am listening to a syndicated overnight program right now that is out of Chicago. They run the gamut from trad to Modern

WLRN has a very high quality night program. Unfortunately, they have cut back on their jazz programming over the years in favor of NPR news. We have two college stations here that do occasionally have jazz music. All in all I am lucky to be able to hear new things daily.

Congratulations on 20 years with the MD90.

I am listening to Public Radio "eeking" out every sonic vibe I can find on my SAE Two T14 and 1/2 wave rooftop dipole.

DSC05450c8.jpg
Station 102.3 thru my Vintage Crown FM1 Tuner plugged into Vintage Crown DL2 Distinction Series Controller pre-amp with Vintage Crown SA2 Amp and a set of B&W 801's speakers.

Listening to an array of fabulous Jazz selections this morning on Skip Lezama's Weekend Jazz show on WDNA. Coltrane, Jack McDuff, Coleman Hawkins, George Freeman, Ellington....this beats the weekend projects that I should be doing.

Tuner is my venerable Magnum Dynalab FT-101. Running it through an Aikido 12vdc preamp to a Dennis Had Inspire single ended Firebottle amp. Speakers are Spendor LS3/5a's in a small room

CJWV-FM Oldies 96.7 out of Peterborough, Ontario on my little TM-102. Amazing how good this little tuner sounds, humbles the sound of SiriusXM.

As for the "oldies", it is 80's music, lol. Something satisfying listening to the music I grew up with on the media I grew up with.

Alot of you guys are fortunate to get alot better music on the radio than me here in Eugene , Oregon. Most of what is played is so commercial that a limited variety of songs gets played over and over and over again .... :( Only limited air time they play what i really like which is the new and old BLUES.

Alot of you guys are fortunate to get alot better music on the radio than me here in Eugene , Oregon. Most of what is played is so commercial that a limited variety of songs gets played over and over and over again .... :( Only limited air time they play what i really like which is the new and old BLUES.

Stansje, I hear you. Over the years blues programming has dwindled to two hours a week here.

Are there any college or public radio stations in your area?

Back
Top Bottom