Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

I took in full-size headphones to work for the first time this today. HD600s running on a Sony Walkman which was OK. Not the best, but OK.

Listened to some Massive Attack, Morphine, Daft Punk, Donald Fagen, Lyle Lovett, kd lang, Madeleine Peyroux, Holly Cole, Diana Krall and a Pink Floyd diddy or two.

It is. Stock at the moment, just got to put the Speedball in which arrived last week.
Nice! Which amp is it? How was the build process? I’ve been intrigued at the possibility of building myself one. I listen to headphones quite a bit, and though I like my grado HP amp, I also like me some tubes! Do you listen to your grados on the bottlehead?

Nice! Which amp is it? How was the build process? I’ve been intrigued at the possibility of building myself one. I listen to headphones quite a bit, and though I like my grado HP amp, I also like me some tubes! Do you listen to your grados on the bottlehead?

Build process easy to follow, if you can solder you'll be fine. Only thing I changed was the stock volume pot for an Audionote one. Only other mods really was changing the tubes from stock.

It's only suited to drive higher impedance cans so not suited for Grados. I tend to use the Beyer DT880 600 ohm phones or sometimes the Senn HD600.

The Little Dot has also been modified with another opamp and Mullard tubes.

Build process easy to follow, if you can solder you'll be fine. Only thing I changed was the stock volume pot for an Audionote one. Only other mods really was changing the tubes from stock.

It's only suited to drive higher impedance cans so not suited for Grados. I tend to use the Beyer DT880 600 ohm phones or sometimes the Senn HD600.

The Little Dot has also been modified with another opamp and Mullard tubes.
I think one of their amps is able to drive grados... need to check into it more.

Thanks for your compliment on the thorens, I sure do love it!

Simone Dinnerstein - The Berlin Concert
Telarc 2008
Dinnerstein.jpg
PC via optical > Teac UD-H01 DAC/AMP > Hifiman HE4XX (Massdrop, modded with 3/16 pad lift and Ablet fenestrated leather pads)

Last edited:
Van Morrison- Duets: Re-working the Catalogue

Van Morrison-Duets_RGB_0.jpg

1. "Some Peace of Mind (with Bobby Womack)" 5.15
2. "If I Ever Needed Someone (with Mavis Staples)" 3.49
3. "Higher than the World (with George Benson)" 3.48
4. "Wild Honey (with Joss Stone)" 6.22
5. "Whatever Happened to P.J. Proby (with PJ Proby)" 3.42
6. "Carrying a Torch (with Clare Teal)" 4.52
7. "The Eternal Kansas City (with Gregory Porter)" 4.10
8. "Streets of Arklow (with Mick Hucknall)" 4.57
9. "These are the Days (with Natalie Cole)" 3.51
10. "Get on with the Show (with Georgie Fame)" 4.41
11. "Rough God Goes Riding (with Shana Morrison)" 4.23
12. "Fire in the Belly (with Steve Winwood)" 6.40
13. "Born to Sing (with Chris Farlowe)" 3.59
14. "Irish Heartbeat (with Mark Knopfler)" 5.14
15. "Real Real Gone (with Michael Bublé)" 4.00
16. "How Can a Poor Boy? (with Taj Mahal)" 6.34

PC via optical > Teac UD-H01 DAC/AMP > Hifiman HE4XX (Massdrop, modded with 3/16 pad lift and Ablet fenestrated leather pads)

Last edited:
Listening to blackfoot strikes, super tramp crime of the century,ZZ top fandango, lynyrd skynyrd, Kenny wayne shepard using a emotiva pt-100 and a schiit loki eq using audio technica ath-m40s and spotify. That little loki works great with headphones and my klipsch rp280fs. Shepards blue on black is one great tune!

Back
Top Bottom