Who's system would you like to spend a day with?

Three that come to mind are JohnVF, Redboy, and the member who has the Han Solo in carbonite molded into his wall. I can't seem to find that thread....

Personally I would like to hear systems that have some of the same gear I have. I think it would be interesting to hear what another system would sound like in a different environment with some of the pieces I have paired with different pieces.

That's a good idea!:thmbsp: I have put my speakers in different rooms of the house and moved them around the music room a lot. It can be quite interesting.:yes:

tomlinmgt's system for sure. The room treatments and the amazingly big speakers would be well at home with me.

JohnVF's Kef LS50's.

fhawk's Kappa 9's running off of his arc welder Krell amps.

There's also a gentleman who lives north of my city with incredibly well built speakers he made himself, and a beautiful listening room. I WILL make it out there one of these days to have a listen to it. :yes: I don't recall his AK name.

If any of you come through the St. George area, I'd be glad to have you over for a listen :)

I'd like to hear Gang-twangers Wharfdale 90 / Sansui system. He describes it much the same way that I describe my Silver Iris / Kenwood setup. I'm sure I would like the sound...

I'd like to hear those rigs that feature folks' own creations:

ejfud - single driver speakers, resonant cabinets and fine woodwork
Redboy - SET amps and passive preamps
RayW - Big Bobs
Kegger - Tubes, and lots of 'em
WardsWeb - cardboard speakers

I know there are lots more, but this would be a good start.

A tour of members systems would be awesome.If I have to pick tho it would be all the DIY guys...DjNagle,Sir Byrd,Poultryguest,etc...:yes:

For the ability to give that center stage sound either simihost or powerman. Systems or people that just impress the hell out of me, inspiribomb, red boy and art. There are others but then the list would look like the complete forum roster.

Last edited:
I'd love to sample JohnVF's systems, since he's put so much time and effort into putting together some truly excellent systems. And, I hear he's a nice guy. :D

Also, I'd love to hear some of the high-end DIY tube gear, e.g. Redboy, etc. It would be super cool to hear what 3.5 GOOD watts can do!

Back
Top Bottom