Why all the hidden profiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read this thread, don't plan to either because I could care less what people put, or don't put, in their online profiles. Yet, every day I see this thread title when I look at recent posts and wonder,,,, why would someone who is using a moniker rather than their real name, start a post about people not detailing their profiles on line.

I haven't read this thread, don't plan to either because I could care less what people put, or don't put, in their online profiles. Yet, every day I see this thread title when I look at recent posts and wonder,,,, why would someone who is using a moniker rather than their real name, start a post about people not detailing their profiles on line.

why wonder, ask him

Well I didn't ask you directly,,,,,,, just posed the question in general.

Forget it, I know the answer anyway.

clairvoyant?

It did not serve you well in understanding the opening post.

Oh well, peace brother man!

On the other hand if some members did tell you their information, they might have to kill ya...

I mean, what do we really know about Ernie?

Seems like every time I click on a member profile I get a, "This member limits who may view their full profile."

WTF is that?

Note to the administration, just because the message board software offers such features nothing compels you to make them all available.

It's a very unfriendly feature for a what is generally a very friendly board.

Maybe I'm missing something in the way you worded your post, but it does seem to go against the forum rules.

" All questions on AK policy, moderation or staff members must be addressed via AK's Private Message function to a moderator or admin, and comments on moderation may never appear in the public boards."

Maybe I'm missing something in the way you worded your post, but it does seem to go against the forum rules.

" All questions on AK policy, moderation or staff members must be addressed via AK's Private Message function to a moderator or admin, and comments on moderation may never appear in the public boards."
Wurd to the party foul Five-0 factor....

you are OK, your profile is visible..

Pretty cool you living in Canada, UK and now the USA . What did you find the biggest difference between the 3?
well that's troubling. You found my profile and I can't.
Biggest difference? In Canada and the UK I never spent one minute worrying about the cost of health care. Here, if you're not careful, it can bankrupt you.
And one more if I may. Canada and the UK set limits on the LENGTH of political campaigns.

OK-OK-OK.....if ya just gotta know.....I'm a boxers kinda guy

c042.gif

I've gone ahead and posted complete information on why I restrict my profile on my profile page ...

No one is compelled to share their details with you or any of us.
privacy is a personal choice - get over your darned self ....

Give US a break!

give me a break, just don't enter any info if you have privacy concerns

nothing compels anyone to give any info they are scared to give

In a friendly environment, it's off putting to have doors slammed in your face.

The problem with the internet IS too much anonymity. People on the internet act like aZZ clowns all the time because they can hide.
The internet should be like real life, do you wear a bag over your head when you walk down a street? Do you say the things in a bar as you do on the internet? It would be a much safer and friendly platform without all the hiding.

No one is compelled to be on line...

oh, an unfriendly guy....

such is life..

But you don't have to be an unfriendly guy ...

Or did you mean me?
What part of Lady Audiophile doncha get?

ps - my profile is open, so it was not from personal feelings -
but I really do get why other folks here might have their profile locked down ...

But you don't have to be an unfriendly guy ...

Or did you mean me?
What part of Lady Audiophile doncha get?

ps - my profile is open, so it was not from personal feelings -
but I really do get why other folks here might have their profile locked down ...

you do a drive by and now you ask me a question? trust me, you don't want a reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom