Why The Vitriol On Disco?

It doesn't really bother me any more than other genres of music. There are some disco hits that are catchy, but most I don't bother listening.

My serious question is: people who are vegetarian today, did they have to be prodded to eat their vegetables as a kid?

You want a disco inferno ?

All of those records were from the era , but not every one was a disco imo. The Taste of Honey song was number 1 for 1978. ( on WABC New York ) I remember staying up late and recording it off the radio in the countdown . Not sure I’d consider that one disco ...Chic and Summer, yes.
You had ABBA, Bob Seger , Paul Simon , Billy Joel , Wings , and Jerry Rafferty that year , definitely not disco

KC and the Sunshine Band , there’s one .

Last edited:
The reason why Disco sucked in the 1970s is mainly because it was music written to a very specific time signature and was the 1st corporate music where image & looks counted while musicianship meant nothing ,much like the rap dribble being jammed down our necks today.

Can't nobody tell me there was anything hip or cool about this disco mess .

Now as far as funk music ,the 1970s we're the bomb with highly skilled musicians like these cats pumping out solid grooves that we're anti disco formula .

Back
Top Bottom