Wiggy Photos AKFest 09

Wigwam Jones

Caesar non supra grammati
Here you go folks. I'm sorry there are not more of them this year. I have a nicely injured knee due to thinking I can be a martial artist at my age in life, and it began to act up on me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wigwam/sets/72157617640350244/

However, I had no choice. I knew that if I came to AKFest 09, I'd have to fight Tentoze, who promised to knock me into next week if he laid eyes on me again, due to my taking his horrible photo last year. Well, who can blame him, I'd be mad if people saw I had a mug like that. Fortunately, due to massive weight loss, he walked right by me and didn't even recognize me this year - so I took a page from Grumpy's book and flicked a booger on him as he walked past.

Seriously, it was great seeing everyone, and my sincere apologies if I did not get to your room this year. I'd have stayed longer if I could!

GREAT photos!

Thanks, Wiggie! Super photos! I've been looking forward to some early pix and I couldn't have asked for more :yes:

Great exposures, too. But those files are huge! My pc was really slow showing them (not a complaint!). Probably took half-an-hour to view the 58 of em. But I enjoyed every minute.

I'm guessing that:

1) you have the steadiest hands in the world or,
2) you used a tripod or,
3) the couple of photos that were slightly blurred was due to the spl in the room.

What kind of camera?

Thanks
Rick

Nice job Wigwam!

Nice to know that no Tentozeies / Tentozees / Tentozers ?
were harmed in the making of these pics....

What kind of camera?

OK, here's the geek stuff...

Pentax K200D with the 'anti-shake' feature turned on. I just got the camera, the anti-shake feature seems to work well. Unlike Canon and Nikon, which have anti-shake built into certain lenses, with Pentax it is in the body, so it works with every lens you can physically bolt to it.

Lens is a 30+ year old Sears (yes, Sears) 50mm f/1.7 manual focus lens.

I used flash also, which helped cut down on blur.

I used manual settings on the camera. Set ISO to 100, shutter speed to 180, varied aperture between f/1.7 and f/5.6 to compensate for room light, flash bounce capability, etc.

And that's the deal. The new Pentax is 10 megapixel. My old one (*ist DS) is 6 megapixel and no anti-shake, but otherwise the same.

I found I was having a bit of trouble focusing in some dark rooms. I had modified my old camera with a cut-down film-based split-screen rangefinder screen from an old Pentax film SLR - helps with manual focusing. Don't have one for the K200D yet. I think I'll have to get one.

OK, here's the geek stuff...

Pentax K200D with the 'anti-shake' feature turned on. I just got the camera, the anti-shake feature seems to work well. Unlike Canon and Nikon, which have anti-shake built into certain lenses, with Pentax it is in the body, so it works with every lens you can physically bolt to it.

Lens is a 30+ year old Sears (yes, Sears) 50mm f/1.7 manual focus lens.

I used flash also, which helped cut down on blur.

I used manual settings on the camera. Set ISO to 100, shutter speed to 180, varied aperture between f/1.7 and f/5.6 to compensate for room light, flash bounce capability, etc.

And that's the deal. The new Pentax is 10 megapixel. My old one (*ist DS) is 6 megapixel and no anti-shake, but otherwise the same.

I found I was having a bit of trouble focusing in some dark rooms. I had modified my old camera with a cut-down film-based split-screen rangefinder screen from an old Pentax film SLR - helps with manual focusing. Don't have one for the K200D yet. I think I'll have to get one.

You got the flash settings just right. I would have sworn you were using available light. And ISO of 100? I'd have used probably 400, so that explains the resolution as far as I can surmise.

Love it that you were using a Sears lens!! A Sears 50mm mounted on a Pentax DSLR? That is something new to me. Guaranteed never to hear of that combination again! Well, they worked well together.

Thanks for the feedback, Wiggy.

(we are the birthday boys)

Rick

Wiggy!! How the HECK did I miss you?! Thanks for the photos, and I hope that you are well. I just viewed the slideshow and your photos are just great!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom