Willie Nelson - Countryman

styler

Title: Countryman
Artist: Willie Nelson
Genre: Reggae
Format: LP
Release: 2005

hmmm. i like reggae. i liked the Bob Dylan reggae tribute. i like willie. i dont like this LP. disappointed in this set. the dubs are bad, and the playing is uninspired. sound quality is a bit flat. its a one timer for me. 3/10 :thumbsdn:

They play a duet cut with Toots of the Maytals called "Working Man" daily here on NPR.
It kinda grows on you, but not enough for me to spring for the CD.

I must admit that I liked the CD "Countryman," though I am certainly no cognescenti of country, reggae or Willie Nelson. I discovered Willie through his CD "Across the Borderline" which is one of my very favorate albums and one of the 20 or so which I return to often. His ability to convey the lyrical meaning and emotions of a song really set him apart as a transcendental artist, IMHO. In the bargain, the sonics on Borderline are absolutely top shelf. Sorry, don't mean to kidnap this thread.

I heard a bit of it on public radio last week and I'm still scratching my head. Course I'd guess ol' Willie has no problem with reggae-type refreshments, but "Working Man" makes him sound like the whitest man alive.

Back
Top Bottom