Winter New England Frankenfest - confirmed for Clinton, MA!

Hey, "fresh blood" here. Been reading this thread and the previous one but I'm still not sure if this is for me. Not trying to get around forum rules but just in general, does it make sense to come with 70s-80s gear for sale? Some Denon and Kenwood amps. Or is this more of a McIntosh crowd?

Would be very reasonably priced. I'm just trying to downsize which is why a subscription to get access to BT is probably not a good idea. I'm only half an hour away so this should be less hassle than ebay or CL, with snacks and beer (yes, I'm bringing).
It's all about audio heads having a great day together. Talking about music, listening to systems, projects we're working on. Buying and selling. The more diverse the gear, the better! A great opportunity to see and hear stuff you've never heard before. I say come and have a good time. Become a subscriber, list your stuff for sale. It may sell, maybe not. Half an hour away, no brainier to me, you should come.

Last edited:
Good stuff so far from the others. I should mention that you don't have to be an AK subscriber to sell at one of these events, but it does give you access to Bartertown, where (as others have mentioned) there is a thread associated with these gatherings where local folks list stuff they're planning on bringing if there's interest.

As for tastes, it runs the gamut from cheap 'n' cheerful to the creme de la creme. Stereo equipment of every stripe, be it amplifiers (both tube and SS), receivers, tape decks, turntables, speakers, boomboxes, you name it. Vinyl, cassettes, CDs, reel-to-reel, 8-tracks, and just about everything in between. The stuff in the listening rooms does tend to be higher-end gear (as with the McIntosh separates I'm hoping to demonstrate, time/room permitting), but it doesn't have to be. Don't be afraid, just bring whatever you're going to bring, and be sure to have fun. :)
-Adam

I don't get the "make the exchange in the parking lot" comment - there are no restrictions on selling and buying beyond legality and common sense.

I just meant if you make a deal ahead of time, you don't have to bring it in and hope it sells...nothing under handed implied.

Last edited:
I'm going to have my car out in the parking lot for demos. :D

car-stereo-car1-740x480.jpg

Good stuff so far from the others. I should mention that you don't have to be an AK subscriber to sell at one of these events, but it does give you access to Bartertown, where (as others have mentioned) there is a thread associated with these gatherings where local folks list stuff they're planning on bringing if there's interest.

As for tastes, it runs the gamut from cheap 'n' cheerful to the creme de la creme. Stereo equipment of every stripe, be it amplifiers (both tube and SS), receivers, tape decks, turntables, speakers, boomboxes, you name it. Vinyl, cassettes, CDs, reel-to-reel, 8-tracks, and just about everything in between. The stuff in the listening rooms does tend to be higher-end gear (as with the McIntosh separates I'm hoping to demonstrate, time/room permitting), but it doesn't have to be. Don't be afraid, just bring whatever you're going to bring, and be sure to have fun. :)
-Adam

Adam hit the nail on the head, there is no audio snobbery at these get togethers that im aware of. just good folks that share a passion for audio and gear. Its always a good time and good food.
OH, AND BRING A FRIEND OR TWO, New PEOPLE ALWAYS WELCOME!!!!!

Thanks all, that sounds good and I'll be there, weather permitting. Problem is we have a small car and don't even own a folding table. I understand it's bring your own, right? Anybody have an extra table I could rent for the day?

As for Bartertown, well, that's actually the one thing that bugs me about AK. I'm sure this has been discussed at great length, and of course ownership has to decide what works best to support the forum, but I'm way more comfortable with the "free to view, a few bucks for placing an ad" setup found elsewhere. Not to derail the thread though, just my personal view.

Don't worry if you can't bring a table - sometimes there are extras and people also will display their treasures on the floor - it's all very casual.
As is the AK mantra - all audio, no attitude.

No snobbery - except when it comes to beer.

Hey Frank, our new chickens are starting to lay. Eggs aren't as big as before, but I will bring some by if you like.

So, who's planning to set up a vinyl system at the Fest? I would love some listening time with a good modern rig, just to see where I'm at with my vintage stuff (modded TD150, stock XA and currently-in-pieces Oracle Alexandria). I never get a chance to listen to anything else.

This isn't RMAF in hotel suites. It's enthusiasts selling and setting up stuff in an old mill building. Frank's place is a wood shop. Everything from tube stuff from the 50's and 60's to silver faced SS systems and even prototypes of gear to come. Stuff for sale pleases many tastes. There will be vinyl.

It's always a fun time. I spread the word as much as possible in the 'real' world.

I'll be bringing some american chop for general consumption ( look for the crock pot) and some kind of alcohol for useage.
Looking forward to the event...thank you to Jim and Frank.

does someboy have bowls/plates/spoon and forks/napkins covered ?

Last edited:
tell me about the speaker stands, are the short like 10-12 inches high and able to hold an a/d/s L-880 speaker?

I'll have to see if there is anything on the calendar for this date and maybe take a road trip. I live in CT so it looks like 2 hour 15 min run to Canton. I just found this thread by accident. This looks like it could be a good time.

I'll have to see if there is anything on the calendar for this date and maybe take a road trip. I live in CT so it looks like 2 hour 15 min run to Canton. I just found this thread by accident. This looks like it could be a good time.
Chuck - the GTG is in Clinton, MA - north of Worcester - spread the word, hope to see you there.

I'll bring some paper goods but l'm sure I won't have it all covered. Bringing some form of salad and possibly eggplant parm (?) . We're getting close!

Back
Top Bottom