Workbench photos

thxdave

Department of Redundancy Dept. (Retired)
I rarely have my workbench so clean so I took a picture of it today. I'm always curious to see pics of where we all work to salvage these beautiful Marantz units (and other brands, too!). Here's my bench tucked into a corner of my very small apartment. That's a 5220 on the bench waiting for idler tires to arrive. Anybody else want to share their workspace?

DSCN5050.jpg

Last edited:
_DSC0156a.JPG

It's in my garage, not much test equipment. Variac, DBT, ESR meter, couple of DMM's. It's also my woodworking area. The white Chinese de-soldering gun is plugged up in the nozzle and I can't figure out how to clear it so I've been using de-solder braid. I've got the hang of it now so that's OK. On top of that tool cabinet is a pair of 100 wt Genesis speakers for testing.

Last edited:
Here's my bench, looks like a bunch of receivers exploded on it. There's some 4400 guts along with that nice little 2215 right now.

I need some more test equipment, and a shelf to get it off my bench.

IMG_7944.JPG

Ya, for me monitors are a must - and in fact, two. I've found it very useful to be able to pull up both the schematics and the parts lists (values) at the same time - it really helps keep the right replacement parts in the right place on the board.
But my bench is a mess - always is, seems like. I do like the shelves you guys have set up.
Here's mine... Oh, and I couldn't see your guys' patch panels. Mine is made out of the back of an old receiver.
Test Bench connection panel.jpg
Carver M200t amp_overview.jpg
Carver M200t amp caps_16.jpg

And I love the lazy susan - when flipping from one side of a board to the other, back and forth while spotting\removing\installing components, and with heavy or disassembled units - I couldn't do without it...
DSCF2326.jpg

Dingman: I am absolutely going to duplicate your lazy susan AND the back panel/patch panel ideas in my shop! Brilliant! .... and, by the way, I really like it.

I like the lazy susan approach to. I had a carpeted one a while back until it lost all its ball bearings on an SX-1980...

I made it from one of those TV turners for CRTs.

I found a very hefty one at a local thrift shop. I was trying to find one with a small trough around the perimeter to catch screws that might roll off.

Another vote for lazy susan. Here's one from a home audio rack. It slides out and rotates and will hold 450lbs. If the bench didn't collapse first.

lazy susan resized.jpg

I like the low profile wooden ones being shown in this. They can be moved out of the way when needed.

I only have a small desk area for my workbench. So I have to utilize every square inch of my home office.
IMG_7488.jpg IMG_7487.jpg

Parts
IMG_7490.jpg

Some of the "Collection" that needs to be worked on.
IMG_7489.jpg

The current "mess" in my garage.....
IMG_7483.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7487.jpg
    IMG_7487.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 40
Impressive pile o' Marantz, Aaron. I'm trying to find me one of those Sencores too.

I like the lazy susan approach to. I had a carpeted one a while back until it lost all its ball bearings on an SX-1980...

I made it from one of those TV turners for CRTs.

Yup, mine is fairly large as well. I specifically found one with a large footprint so that it wouldn't tip with heavy units that weren't sitting perfectly in the center of lazy susan.

Back
Top Bottom