World Cup 2018

Not really a futbol fan,,, saw a bit with my son a while ago, he's a huge sports fan... Watched France win,,, and rooted for France vs England in the finals... Brits scored early and didn't look fired up since... Probably won't watch final game...

I think Croatia stands an excellent chance of defeating France. The Croats are young, fast, powerfully built, fast, and excellent kickers. The French side, not so physical. Excellent passers, etc., but only a couple of outstanding kickers but getting past the big, fast Croat defenses is gonna be a genuine challenge for Les Bleus.

The Croats play with a passion that has been lacking in the French team since 1998. It seems they are content to live on memories. Meanwhile, the Croatian team, in 1998, went to the consolation match, for 3rd place, at the hands of the French, who won it all, that year. The Croats had never made it that far, before, and, now, 20 years on, they ascend to the Final match, for the first time, only to meet their old nemesis, France. The Croatian team will be playing with their hearts ablaze. I fear for the French team. They know not into what they are about to enter. They think that the title will be theirs, just for showing up, that they 'deserve' it. I think the Croats will have something to say about that.

I bet on the French the fav.s from what I have read . I don't care for that player with the ponytail on the Croatia team, it just looked
like he disrespected the Russian fans with over celebration on the field with there big win.

To me the games are boring and that they should open the goal 3ft.for more action.
I only watch and follow along because a lot of my coworkers do. Enjoy the game.:lurk:

Best-

Boozehound

Last edited:
The team whose playing I enjoyed the most (intellectually and aesthetically) was Belgium. A very nice balance between the collective and individual qualities. Kudos to the trainer, Roberto Martinez. I would also pick Eden Hazard as the best player of the cup. On general grounds, teams whose strategy was based on ball possession (e.g., the style of FC Barcelona) where defeated by those playing long passes and counterattacks (e.g., Real Madrid later style).

They know not into what they are about to enter. They think that the title will be theirs, just for showing up, that they 'deserve' it. I think the Croats will have something to say about that.

Ernie hits the nail on the head.

France Bingo 1-0

This is going to be a good game, it looks like there is going to be some action. More goals!

Best-

Boozehound

Last edited:
France 2 - Croatia 1 @ end of first half. A pitifully lucky Penalty Shot for France. The Croats gotta get it together in the second half and not allow France a second Penalty Shot opportunity else things don't look good for the Croats.

Back
Top Bottom