Worst Movie

Anyone else going to admit to seeing "pret a' porter" (or "ready to wear") :puke:

I would gladly volunteer to watch every other movie mentioned than this tripe again...

If I'm really bored I can watch most anything;)

For a long while 'Starcrash' would have been a top pick of mine- really looked forward to seeing it after watching some trailers, found that the trailers were the only parts worth seeing. However, mostly naked leading ladies do add some value....

The alltime worst on my list is now 'Oblivion'. A sci-fi flick, don't know what it's about as I quit watching after 10 minutes or so- and it was a $3 rental:eek:

I hate wasting $3, wouldn't have been so bad if it was only $1.

Originally posted by jdhdiggs
Anyone else going to admit to seeing "pret a' porter" (or "ready to wear") :puke:

I would gladly volunteer to watch every other movie mentioned than this tripe again...

I saw that. Robert Altman. Tim Robbins, Marcello Mastrioianni, Sophia Loren, Rupert Everett, Forest Whitaker, Kim Basinger, Anouk Aimee, Julia Roberts, Lauren Bacall, Lyle Lovett, and two dozen star cameos. It didn't have to suck but it did anyway.

I don't watch a lot of movies but there is one movie that was so bad I wanted to bash the TV in.

GI Jane. This film was excruciating to watch. Physically PAINFULL. Dear god she can be one heck of a hottie for a chic only five years older than I am but she was beyond horrible. Don't know who talked her into this one. Bruce? If so, shame on you.

Mack Bolan aka "The Executioner"? THOR, you win the obscure cultural reference award for that little nugget. BTW I'm with you on "Evil Dead'. Anything with *Bruce* is a sure thing (as long as he isn't killed off in the first reel). Met him once and he's probably the coolest celebrity you could meet. The character he plays in most of his roles isn't too far removed from his real-life person. He does do decent dramatic work too (his character on NBC's Homicide:LOTS was a nice change of pace). Still need to see BubbaHT...

My little brother (reality-scarred Comm Arts/Film major) had a book by Roger Ebert filled with reviews of HORRIBLE movies. Sometimes a movie review can be more entertaining than the movie itself. Ebert's review of "The Core" is a good example.

I like "Bruce" too-think he'd be an absolute hoot to hang out with. Wish he could get better roles than he does-he really deserves 'em. We went to see "Evil Dead" 'cos it was filmed over near here in Newport, Tennessee. Newport used to be famous for its moonshiners-wonder if cast & crew stayed smashed the whole time they were there? I love the "Night of the Living Dead" series, so I'm not squeamish, but "Evil Dead" just got me for some reason. -Sandy G.

The Core, man that was some far fetched shit :rolleyes: But I watched it at the movies so who's more dumb :rolleyes:

I used to read all those books, Mack Bolan, Able Team, Phoenix Force, the Remo Williams series back in my teenage years ;)

It's funny cuz as a huge comics fan when the Punisher came out I was like "they totally ripped off the whole Mack Bolan character" I am surprised Marvel never got sued.

Originally posted by Bauhausler
I saw that. Robert Altman. Tim Robbins, Marcello Mastrioianni, Sophia Loren, Rupert Everett, Forest Whitaker, Kim Basinger, Anouk Aimee, Julia Roberts, Lauren Bacall, Lyle Lovett, and two dozen star cameos. It didn't have to suck but it did anyway.

I knew there was a reason we watched it, unfortunately the "climax" of the movie scarred me so bad that it is all I remember.

I'm a big,big movie buff,but Hellboy had me screaming "Oh C'mon!" at the screen.For me theres nothing worse than too many Special effects shots at the service of a lousy screenplay.
Another one from the same sci-fi,lets throw money at it and hope no one notices theres no story was one from the early 80's called Krull.
Jimmy

Don't think anyone's admitted seeing this, but "Showgirls" was pretty awful. liked Elizabeth Berkeley, always wondered what she looked like nekkid, but after about 30 minutes of that horrible POS, I was going, "Jessi ! Put yer clothes back on, girl !!" -Sandy G.

The worst I have seen so far is one titled "The Crying Game".
The description stated that it was full of twist and surprises and you would not be able to guess what would happen next.
If by chance you pick this one up, just put it back.
It is one of those that you will hate to admit to others that you got suckered into watching it.

Originally posted by 2DualsNotEnough
I'm a big,big movie buff,but Hellboy had me screaming "Oh C'mon!" at the screen.For me theres nothing worse than too many Special effects shots at the service of a lousy screenplay.
Another one from the same sci-fi,lets throw money at it and hope no one notices theres no story was one from the early 80's called Krull.
Jimmy

You are nuts! Hellboy rocked!!!!! One of the best super hero movies ever! I do admit that all the tentacled monster got a little boring. Did they all have to have tentacles? But it was an awesome flick! And I can't wait for the sequel.

Go see Catwoman if you wanna see a bad movie ;)

The Crying game, yeah that chick was hot! But then it it wasn't a chick :puke: I felt so wronged and so dirty after watching that movie!

Yeah, but at least you did not have your mother-in-law over and sitting watching the movie with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh course, this has made me remember that I also sat through "Texas Chain Saw Massacre".

I saw Problem Child 2 at the theatre (things a man will do for a woman...)and I think that maybe the guy got 2 of the reels mixed up but I'm not sure. I've seen other clunkers but that was a couple hours totally wasted.

Originally posted by THOR
The Crying game, yeah that chick was hot! But then it it wasn't a chick :puke: I felt so wronged and so dirty after watching that movie!

Same actor played the scary alien RA in the mostly non-sucking film Stargate. Jaye Davidson.

Stargate was one of those "gems" you know you go in expecting it to totally suck ass but there isn't anything else remotely interesting playing so you got no choice but to see it and then you are like "this movie is f'ing good" and it's the best feeling when you leave ;)

I felt similarly about "I, robot" I didn't expect much going in but it was actually a pretty good movie.

I don't feel like thinking to heavily today so I will be going to see "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle" for shits and giggles ;)

Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

The worst worst worst movie ever made ever ever. I walked out and in full view of the Miami Film Festival attendees because I simply could not take one more minute of this huge waste of time.

This coming from someone who sat through:

Eraser
Bio-Dome (I was stoned)
The Gods Must Be Crazy (The Audience MUST Be Stoned)

and several Sly Stallone and Eddie Murphy offerings.

I would rather have to sit through a one man production of War and Peace starring Jar-Jar Binks than finish seeing R&G Are Dead.

"Calendar Girls"

Hard to describe... just bad.
You have been warned.

Last edited:
Another Nominee

The Telephone

Starred Whoopie Goldberg and an interesting premise.....but resulted in about 15 minutes of suspense followed by about 40 minutes of Where the hello is this thing going ??

Well before that point I figured out that poor Whoopie's character was "non res mensa" and the ending was therefore a foregone conclusion.

Sad because the underlying premise and Whoopie's talent should have been a dynamite combination.

This would have played well as a 30 minute TV episode but was a complete disaster as a feature length film.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom