wow i dont believe it!

2011etec

For some odd reason I cant find pet peeves so I will make my own thread.Went to Walmart in soo Michigan today and though I don't have a picture heres what I saw.A large suburban parked across 3 handicapped parking spots at once!What could possibly possess somebody to do something so rude?I was stunned so much I forgot to call the cops.Where they were parked there was no possible excuse or reason for that other than stupidity and frankly there should be an actual charge for vehicular stupidity.For that one about 1000 to 1500 dollars fine should just about do it .

Well ... you don't know maybe they were "spatially challenged??" But now you know ... and it's most likely best to stay clear of that particular SUV! if you see it out and about! :)

Its just that ive never seen such stupidity displayed in a parking lot before to that extent and ive seen some pretty screwed up stuff but that takes the top prize.

It might be possible though, that the vehicle WAS being driven by a handicapped person. I have often looked at my local grocery store cars parked in a handicapped space. Many do not have a handicapped license plate, just that little tag they hang on their mirror. After walking up to many of these vehicles, I have always found the handicapped tag, often in the seat or on the dash. Or the guy or girl comes out and will show it if asked.

I've seen the same thing. I was glad to see the old lady getting by as best she could. I see her around town often, always alone. She has several handy cap conditions. But never hits any other cars. Not a scratch on her old rusted mini-van.

FB night ,no handicapped person including me, would park across 3 handicapped spots!There was no advantage atall to park like that except extreme laziness by saving approx. 2 feet maybe .I could barely walk and was doing so hunched over and I parked properly several rows in!Even disabled that was plain wrong 2 handicapped people people lost spots ,for what?

Last edited:
Not everyone in the US is fluent in English or the meaning of their signs.

Even if that were true it still wouldn't give them a reason to take up three parking spaces which I'm assuming are in the very front of the parking lot. If I were to go to anyplace on this planet and I couldn't understand or read a word of their language I would know to park between the lines. A narcissist does not care who they inconvenience. It's all about themselves.

Probably needed a shopping cart close by to help carry the "big brass ones" the guy has to have. I can't think of anything that says "Vandalize Me!" more.

I've seen WalMarts with a couple of 'sideways' spaces at the front, I think...maybe they got confused?

Naah. Probably just an idjit. :p

Not everyone in the US is fluent in English or the meaning of their signs.

That's no excuse. First, to get a drivers license here in the US you have to pass a written test, and part of that test is knowing what various signs mean. Handicapped parking is something you've got to know. Second, there are many traffic signs that are the same over most of the globe. Red light, green light, the shape and color of a stop sign, etc. The picture of a stick figure in a wheel chair is somewhat universal.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/handicapped-symbol-getting-a-makeover/

bs

This is when you need to keep some flyers in your car to stick under their wiper.

I used to have some printed in a fancy Gothic font:

THANKS
for Taking Two Parking Spots, You Idiot.
May the Fleas of a Thousand Camels Infest Your Crotch.​

It's a sure way to get vandalized. If I had an old beater, I'd park to block this person in, at least long enough to get the PD to roll a squad car. ;)
Maybe the guy had a gastric emergency.
Oh jeez yeah, I've had those...but I would probably just ditch my ride right by the entrance, throw the hazard lights on, and run in before it became a real emergency!

It might be possible though, that the vehicle WAS being driven by a handicapped person. I have often looked at my local grocery store cars parked in a handicapped space. Many do not have a handicapped license plate, just that little tag they hang on their mirror. After walking up to many of these vehicles, I have always found the handicapped tag, often in the seat or on the dash. Or the guy or girl comes out and will show it if asked.

If they have it, they should know how to use it. It's supposed to be displayed. If not, they could be ticketed.

bs

My dad had the tag for the mirror. I asked why he didn't get the license plate--his paranoid mentality made him think that if someone who's driving behind him sees that he is handicapped, they would follow him and do whatever (likely a mugging). But he grew up in the Great Depression down in Detroit, so he was wary of everything and everyone.

Maybe the vehicle was carrying multiple handicap people, hence taking up multiple handicap spots...

My dad had the tag for the mirror. I asked why he didn't get the license plate--his paranoid mentality made him think that if someone who's driving behind him sees that he is handicapped, they would follow him and do whatever (likely a mugging). But he grew up in the Great Depression down in Detroit, so he was wary of everything and everyone.

AFAIK Illinois doesn't issue Handicapped Plates anymore, everyone gets the hanging placard.

Back
Top Bottom