WOW!! Is it April...McIntosh MTI 100

It looks like McIntosh is continuing down the path of products that are more of an abomination than the last.

An integrated turntable......really.....seriously!? :wtf:

It appears that the hideous tube cages are here to stay. What a joke of a lifestyle product. I guess the logic is to slap on the logo and it will be a hit. Yeah....silly crap like this will drive away the core audience for their products and dilute the brand.

:yikes:.......YIKES!!!!!............................

McIntosh_mti100_hifi_news_jan_2019.jpg

McIntosh_mti100_hifi_news_jan_2019_2.jpg

McIntosh_mti100_hifi_news_jan_2019_4.jpg

This is really embarrassing for McIntosh. It seems as though the company is now run by people who want to squeeze out every possible bit of "brand equity" value, probably before selling the carcass of what was a Great American Success Story.

Sadly this is how much of American business has been run for the past few decades. Eviscerate the value and make off with the profits. Nothing matters but money.

Made in China? If it is...:thumbsdown:
My reference was tied to this recent thread....
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....-i-was-truly-disappointed-by-mcintosh.852743/

I doubt that.
The other McIntosh tunrtables are made by ClearAudio. It's safe to assume this model also has TT components from ClearAudio. No doubt better than China, but would still like to see all Mac products built in house with greater vertical integration.

Is this a joke?
I'm afraid it's not.....:(

Is this a joke?
Think of the past integrated examples by Fisher, KLH, and others intended for a market of music lovers of some means with limited space and wanting a quality simple solution. Apparently, Mac thinks there's a market niche for a higher end integrated meeting those parameters.

Back
Top Bottom