WTF - OT AK just won't load 56k IE6 !

Goldenvoice

Off topic, but, hey - I like to hang out here, but anymore, I can't get pages to fully load - drives me crazy.

Now, I'm not the most current guy - a P4 2.4 - on dial-up - sticking with IE6 - but; I surf the web nightly, and often during the day, and have no real problems ('cept not being able to stream, but 'duh"!). Usually connect at 48 to 50+ Kbps.

So what's with AK ? Pick a page or 2, try to load, and everything just quits working. Can't even fully load a single page!

?

To post this, I opened Firefox - something I seldom do, as it's slower than sh*t, but at least I'm able to post this...

Any help?

Joe

Get google chrome dude. Its fast and never freezes up. And if it does than try reloading the page and all will be good. :thmbsp:

If I had to have a big contrast between the quality of my audio gear & internet service, I'd rather have Mac & dial-up than Yorx and high speed. Though in real life I settle for Yamaha, Sansui, & botl DSL.

It runs fine for me in IE6. Anyone else have issues ?

I am using IE6 with a 56K modem with not much trouble. The ocassional images not loading on logging in to AK is only a minor nuisance. I then delete the temp files, refresh & all is well.
Also, all the while using Windows 98SE, PII 266Mhz. :yes:
She is a steady performer, indeed.

Rome

Ah, yes, Mc + ! Living in the outback provides wide open spaces with which to fill with your favorite music!

However, dial-up is the only 'real' thing availiable. I've been contemplating Hughesnet, and I'm slowly being forced, it seems, into going that route, but till then... As well as the fact it's still "dial UP" if you know what I mean.

Do you have pictures and signatures disabled? I do, have DSL, and still have trouble here and there, but much better set like this.

Carl

Back
Top Bottom