Wyred 4 Sound Remedy Reclocker

I've tried one briefly and have heard one in a friend's system, and I owned an Empirical Audio Synchro Mesh for quite some time. I'm a big fan of high quality reclocking - the improvements are not subtle until you start getting into the realm of very high quality digital sources and DACs with top-notch internal clocks.

The Remedy is a fantastic device, particularly at that price point.

Thanks. I'm not to smart when it comes to these things. I have read about synchronizing. There is a clock in my Logitech Touch and in my Grant Fidelity Tubedac11? How do you go about synchronizing the three?

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm not to smart when it comes to these things. I have read about synchronizing. There is a clock in my Logitech Touch and in my Grant Fidelity Tubedac11? How do you go about synchronizing the three?
Can someone explain how this works. If I put the Wyred 4 reclocker in between the Touch and my Dac that means I have 3 clocks going on. Correct. Which one will be used?

It's not that you have to synchronize the clocks, but that the dac has an easier time with properly clocked data coming in. I've not heard the Wyred4Sound reclocker, but I have their modded Sonos Connect, and it's a huge improvement over the stock Sonos, and significantly better than a stock Sonos with the Syncro Mesh reclocker in front of it. DAC is a Benchmark DAC2HGC.

Can someone explain how this works. If I put the Wyred 4 reclocker in between the Touch and my Dac that means I have 3 clocks going on. Correct. Which one will be used?

These devices do not allow you to run a master clock in a master/slave configuration. Some high-end devices will allow this, but you pay for the privilege.

In the configuration you mention, the clocking in each device will still be used. The benefit in adding a Remedy is that its internal clock exhibits extremely low phase noise and jitter, so the reclocked digital signal from your SBT is very very clean indeed. This will improve the performance of your Tubedac11 considerably (much like using an external high quality USB to SPDIF converter will sound better than the average onboard TE7022 USB chip).

If I put this Remedy in between and it cleans up the signal from the Touch which I can understand and then sends it into the Tubedac11 won't the signal coming out of the Tubedac11 only be as good as the clock in the Tubedac?

Last edited:
If I put this Remedy in between and it cleans up the signal from the Touch which I can understand and then sends it into the Tubedac11 won't the signal coming out of the Tubedac11 only be as good as the clock in the Tubedac?

Based upon internal images of the Tubedac11, there is a single XO crystal oscillator for the TE7022 USB input, but no other XOs to be found anywhere else in the circuit. Thus, I can only assume that any clocks are of the PLL (phase locked loop) variety.

That being the case, you definitely want to feed the DAC the highest possible quality SPDIF signal, as there is no high quality onboard reclocking within the DAC itself.

Based upon internal images of the Tubedac11, there is a single XO crystal oscillator for the TE7022 USB input, but no other XOs to be found anywhere else in the circuit. Thus, I can only assume that any clocks are of the PLL (phase locked loop) variety.

That being the case, you definitely want to feed the DAC the highest possible quality SPDIF signal, as there is no high quality onboard reclocking within the DAC itself.

I'm trying to find similar information about my lampizator L4 to see if it would benefit from a reclocked signal, but haven't had any luck so far. Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom