1. Work behind the scenes continues. AK may go offline again for additional database and or Xenforo fixes.
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha A-1 Repair and restore: beyond Deoxit

Discussion in 'Yamaha' started by Dadbeh, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Dadbeh

Dadbeh Active Member

solder pads. thats the term i was looking for.

anyway i checked every component that i soldered or desoldred but nothing. the voltage accross the caps is 53 but the bias voltage that is supposed to be 35 is zero. no relay no nothing. at this point i guess i should put the originbal transistors D476 and B556 back in because before that there was the relay click.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. clinic-audio

clinic-audio all on YAMAHA untill 1990

Hello , Dadbeh , you are right I didnot post pictures because customer who promised me to bring me two A1 for repair never came .....I am sorry about that but many people says things they don't do , "that's the law of the west "

Just one thing : replacing all components do not make a repair , because you don't learn anything , and you have a chance to be unsuccessfull
    If your boards are very old and your iron solder too hot , dammaging pcb will be more easy !

Dadbeh likes this.
  3. Oilmaster

Oilmaster Drillers go deeper Subscriber

Mr Clinic Audio

It seems we have to keep reminding you a couple of basic AK rules:

1) You shall not use AK as a commercial billboard for your personal business

2) People come here to learn, not to be lectured. And your behaviour is continuously giving folks one detail, but never the whole story, and thus leaving many AKers in the woods. It seems you like to do this to profile your supposed superior skills and knowledge.

PLEASE: start your own website and threads, and stop abusing other folks' threads as your business billboard and harassing newcomers in this hobby.

4. Dadbeh

Dadbeh Active Member

That is not the case. Clinic Audio in this thread, is sharing his knowledge and expereince and helping others learn. The tidbit about sending my board to him was just a small part of one post as the last resort when I have tried everything and disn't get results. And was hopeless. I don't thinkthat it was abusing my thread.

Ds2000 likes this.
  5. clinic-audio

You shall not use AK as a commercial billboard for your personal business

I am sorry but I did not .

And your behaviour is continuously giving folks one detail, but never the whole story, and thus leaving many AKers in the woods. It seems you like to do this to profile your supposed superior skills and knowledge.

Yes , you put your finger at the right point . My knowledge is uncommon on YAMAHA products and some members that you call "newcomers" will be advised to follow them instead to copy some post made by unable people to refix problem by replacing unnecessary components or all !

I never used AK for any personal business and I am sure that many members I did help , can confirm this .

I do not deserve any award yo refix one YAMAHA A1 , that's my job ( and I can do it within some hours whatever the problem is )
    But as Dadbeh precised, I have tried , each time it was possible , to help him to follow a good track to be successfull .

Good luck guys , I have to take care about my customers

6. Oilmaster

Oilmaster Drillers go deeper Subscriber

And how do you call that?
    And you do that frequently.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. clinic-audio

And how do you call that ?

I call that I am not responsible . I was expecting arrival of these YAMAHA A1 here for repair and delete the main board to show how do to it to Dadbeh .
    As I do not have any other A1 here , it is not possible to make these helpfull pictures for Dadbeh
    This A1 owner's will maybe change his mind in some days (or week , I don't know ) and I will takes these pictures but to speak clearly I don't think that Dadbeh will wait so long

And you do that frequently.

?? I don't see what you want to say ...This is out of subject here
    we are here to help members in troubles nothing else

8. Celt

Celt Peanut Head Staff Member Super Mod

Alright folks....let's move on now...

9. Nashou66

Nashou66 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Dadbeh, you need to buy a part tester or learn how to test parts. Ebay has some cheap ones .

Click on pic.

[​IMG]

Shot gun replacing parts is NOT how you lear. You know how i know? I did the same stupid shit working on CRT projectors.
    So listen to what other say, and ask more questions if not sure how to test parts or measure voltages.

One thing is I always measure parts out of the unit, or at least lift one leg of the part measuring , like a resistor, did, or cap.

Just relax go slow and listen to the advice given.

Did you replace those emitter resistors? And if so then Id check the pre driver transistors to the bad channel.

Athanasios