YAMAHA B-2 VFETS

Leonardo G

Gentlemen, I am reforming a B-2 and would be very happy if I could count on the help of the most experienced in this task. I would like some modifications and a lot of help to find the power transistors vftes (2SK76 and 2SJ26).
Thank you

Gentlemen, I am reforming a B-2 and would be very happy if I could count on the help of the most experienced in this task. I would like some modifications and a lot of help to find the power transistors vftes (2SK76 and 2SJ26).
Thank you

There's a lot of expertise here waiting to help you, but if you have blown VFETs, you might want to try to get replacements before you put much work into that unit. That single request is the hardest one to satisfy!

Welcome to AK and good luck finding 2SK76/2SJ26. Remember they're suppose to be "matched"

Gentlemen,
Thank you very much for your support. Looks like I found a donor for the burned fets!
I ordered a kit of electrolytic capacitors in the audio store and wanted an indication of capacitors for the power source.
What other changes should I make at the source to make it more safe?
Thank you.

Welcome! Where are you located at?

I am Brazilian. I live in a city called Petrolina. I work as a police officer and have a passion for audio and old equipment. When I was young I got to work as a DJ and then renting sound equipment for a jazz band. These were times that shaped my taste for good music and analogue audio in general.

Well were glad your hear Leonardo! I don't know much about the electronics but I know with the B-2, you really need to feel comfortable you've found all the culprits in your amp lest you risk blowing your replacement V-FETs. Remember - No Variac!

Well were glad your hear Leonardo! I don't know much about the electronics but I know with the B-2, you really need to feel comfortable you've found all the culprits in your amp lest you risk blowing your replacement V-FETs. Remember - No Variac!

I am counting on the friends of this forum to inform me of the critical, necessary and advisable changes to ensure B-2's long life when he is reborn.

Friends,
I would like to thank all the support I have received. I've learned a lot in the past few weeks. The tips of possible substitutes for the pair 2SK76 / 2SJ26 and also of possible suppliers. Information on capacitors and some other components has been valuable and has been noted to be put into practice when purchasing vfets.
I've already gone ahead and bought a kit of electrolytic capacitors and I already know which power capacitors I will use.
Unfortunately I only found the fets for sale on Chinese websites.
I urge you to come and sell the vfets in some forum or other place, let me know.
Thank you

Sorry but why this rush ??

The tips of possible substitutes for the pair 2SK76 / 2SJ26 and also of possible suppliers. There is no substitutes for B2 V-FET ! And all offer you may find on the web will be fake .

refix your B2 on both channels before running after ghost .

Once your B2 is refixed send me a PM

Sirs, good evening!
My name is Leonardo i´m from Brazil.
Looking for information to reform my B-2 I found this topic that is a real library.
With some of you I've had the pleasure of talking at other times like Clinic-audio and rottalpha. They've helped me a lot.
I hope I can count on your help when I actually start my journey.

don't mix'em :)

My friend, I need your help to continue the B-2 recovery. I saw on another topic that it is recommended to replace the rectifiers with FAIRCHILD ISL9R3060G2. I need your experience to confirm if the exchange is recommended and give an opinion on what other parties to exchange. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom