Yamaha C-1 Pre-Amp

Whoops - I used the wrong model number. I used CX-1 instead of C-1. My bad!

I guess that you'll need to call after all.

I called them. They are stumped. All the person on the phone has any knowledge of is a C1 music processor of some sort. She is going to dig into it and call me back. I figure that them still having anything kicking around is a long shot anyway.

I called them. They are stumped. All the person on the phone has any knowledge of is a C1 music processor of some sort. She is going to dig into it and call me back. I figure that them still having anything kicking around is a long shot anyway.
Give them another call and be sure you say the model is "C" "dash" "1". I ordered the service manual a few of days ago, so they've got 'em.

Well my Yamaha C-1 service manual arrived. However, it isn't the service manual for the C-1 Control Amplifier, it's the service manual for the C1 Music Computer. So I called Yamaha parts and asked for the SM for the "real" C-1, and was told it is NLA. :no:

Heh. My C-1 service manual arrived (from eBay), and it's the right one. The OSC knob is for choosing test signals of various frequencies, and does also have a pink noise setting. I should be able to scan a few pages.

The woman on the phone called me back. She found one in the warehouse (??), photocopied it, and sent it to me to verify it is the right one. It is. All I have is a B&W photocopy, so I know they have at least one original there. I am not sure if the $40 or whatever is worth it at this point. I can scan it in and send it to you if you would like.

I was hoping for an owners manual, but she said she does not have one of those.

The woman on the phone called me back. She found one in the warehouse (??), photocopied it, and sent it to me to verify it is the right one. It is. All I have is a B&W photocopy, so I know they have at least one original there. I am not sure if the $40 or whatever is worth it at this point. I can scan it in and send it to you if you would like.

I was hoping for an owners manual, but she said she does not have one of those.
I appreciate the offer, but I already have a service manual for the C-1. I called Yamaha parts to order some other service manuals and thought I might as well ask if they had one for the C-1.

Back
Top Bottom