Yamaha C6 Preamplifier Need Service Manual

Gentleman77

Hello,

i need a service manual for my Yamaha C6.
If somebody has one, please tell me a price. Please lower then 13 $/Euro.
I want my C6 back to live. It was my first Amp from my first own money.

Thank you for your support.
Gentleman77

E-mail Norman at analogalley.com. He is my go-to for extremely HQ color pdf files. Just tell Norman what you need. ie Yamaha C-6 service manual. They run $13-15

Welcome to AK.....

Last edited:
What kind of issues are you having with your C-6 ? I've worked on maybe six or more over the past few years.

Hello avionic,

thank you for your response.
The C6 has no sound, the lights are on, and the 12/-12 V and 31/-31 V from the transformer are exist. I need the voltage on different points to check different parts on the circuit board. I am a amateur and burn a fuse, while checking parts with a multimeter. (but i can use a soldering iron). A service manual is the best for me with a chance to bring this C6 back to live.

http://www.analogalley.com/osccart/product_info.php?products_id=284
I know this link. I search some hours for a manual online.
I spent 5 dollar for a copy, wich is readable but not 13-22 Dollar. It is a little to much for repair only one C6.

Sorry for my bad english.

Make sure your reed relays RY101 and RY401 are working. From a cold start, you should be able to hear a "tink" sound from both relays a second or two after power on. Have to get your ear down close to them. Check all the fusible resistors.

Hello everyone! (I'll introduce myself at some later point)

I got an issue with a C-6, and thought it might be best to drop it here. But if a moderator would prefer to make it a new thread then that is all good with me. I would indeed be very happy with a good service manual, the one from hifi engine is quite limited.

So here's the situation: I got this Yamaha C-6 on the table, with a mobile phone as sound source and a headphone plugged in. It plays fine for a few minutes. Then suddenly two 2watt resistors and attached transistors get crazy hot! To the point where smoke starts coming off, weldings melt and even the PCB gets damaged. Then I have to turn it off.

Measuring resistances (powered down), I can not find any difference between the left en right channel. I assumed one of the melted weldings was bad before, causing the heat that later damaged the rest of it. So I replaced the resistors and re welded the transistors. But it just starts smoking again after a while. Transistors measure the same with diode tester as the good ones on the other channel. Voltages on both sides of the resistors (powered up) is also the same on both channels: about 43-42 and 41-40. The resistors and transistors in case are marked in the "detail" picture. It is the bottom right of the schematic (R534, R535, TR432, TR430). If I'm not mistaken...

Does anyone either have a proper service manual of the Yamaha C-6, or an idea what might cause this problem? I'd be very grateful!

view

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SdHLJY4qJrSCfjCBjmtODJ3LBMDsykpF/view

Welcome on AK
You need HD SM in color it is much easier for work on it ! just buy one and come back to us

Yamaha C-6 on the table, with a mobile phone as sound source and a headphone plugged in. It plays fine for a few minutes
Do the identified parts get hot and smoke with the headphones unplugged?

Headphone jack could be messed up or your headphones could have a problem.

Measuring resistances (powered down), I can not find any difference between the left en right channel. I assumed one of the melted weldings was bad before, causing the heat that later damaged the rest of it. So I replaced the resistors and re welded the transistors. But it just starts smoking again after a while. Transistors measure the same with diode tester as the good ones on the other channel. Voltages on both sides of the resistors (powered up) is also the same on both channels: about 43-42 and 41-40. The resistors and transistors in case are marked in the "detail" picture. It is the bottom right of the schematic (R534, R535, TR432, TR430). If I'm not mistaken...
These components are the final output for the headphone amplifier.
R534, R535, TR432, TR430
R534 and R536 perhaps.

Headphone jack could be messed up or your headphones could have a problem.
Good point! The headphones are fine, but I'm not so sure about the jack. If it leaks to the grounding it might cause a surge current right? I'll try that and some plate cappies I don't trust, and if that doesn't work I will indeed have to buy the SM. Thanks, and I'll let you know..

Back
Top Bottom