Yamaha Cdx-10 Small footprint cd player...yac-514f

audioman00

Bought myself one of these off that auction site based solely on it's aesthetic appeal.. to me anyways. Anyone got experience with the YAC514F dac? I sure hope she sounds good when I get off work.... get off wife time... and finally hook her up in the rack tonight. I still have my trusty Burr Brown based yamaha dac if I need it, but I hope it sounds good as a stand alone. Rock on my audio brothers and sisters! \m/

I have no experience with that dac or player but have been considering buying one of those CDX-10's. A friend gave me one of the KDX-10 cassette players and since the matching AX-10 amp and CDX-10 CDP come up often on ebay here I've been thinking of buying them and put a system together. I'll be interested to read your sound test impressions.

Cheers,
James

Well after a few hours of listening, I can’t say enough about this little CD player. It just sounds smooth clean and fast. I am not sure how to describe it but besides looking very very attractive sitting in the audio rack, it just sounds really good. image.jpg

Last edited:
Neat looking CDP. Looks like it has an IR receiver so it is a viable standalone player. The RX-V10 receiver that pairs with that looks very cool as well. BTW, I have the next year's model to your V555ES and a Denon DCD-F10 which is also a CDP from a mini system but it does not have an IR receiver so it cannot be controlled without the receiver.

Awesome! what is the model you have? I sure have grown to appreciate the sound of the 555ES.

DA5ES which has the same 110 wpc x 7 and likely the same 44 pound weight. I read somewhere the 555 has higher grade capacitors which for me is more important than the later processor schemes. I was lucky to get the original remote. I've tried other Sony AV Receiver remotes and none of them work.

fKHxeUU.jpg

I was able to pick mine up locally with the original remote and owners manual which was awesome! The main speakers I use are the Acoustic Research 318ps. I just use mine for 2 channel music playback, but man I can't believe the phono section sounds as good as it does.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom