Yamaha Cr-2020

jplainview

I have a newly bought second hand Cr-2020 that was said to be in storage for a long time. Everything is pretty crisp and new feeling and I love it. The only issue I noticed initially was the right channel wouldn't come in until the receiver warmed up. Then I realized even cold, if I cranked the volume up somewhat loud for just a second, it'll come on. So it would come in by force, essentially. I understand it may be contact wear on the relay. Never got to cleaning the contacts before I caused a bigger issue.

So along with the receiver I picked up some NS-1000's (amazing btw) and I was testing out how much juice I could get out of the system and cranked some hip hop on AUX input to sample the bass and imaging. (BTW because of my listening position I turn the balance about 80% to the left channel.) So I'm cranking it up, and the left channel cuts out, then in, then out, I hear the relay click, and of course no sound in either after.

Now when I turn on the receiver, the relay clicks, the right channel comes through immediately while the left channel is completely dead. I've toggled the coupler switch in the back just so I know I tried it, but this problem seems to be relay/fuse/(?) related. Anyone have any ideas of what happened? I've got 3 sets of speakers connected and all left channels are dead.

Hello

1) check the both fuses on the main power board (do it power off )

2) compare left and right voltages on tags (easy to do and fast ) just be carefull with probes and avoid shorts !

come back with report

Back
Top Bottom