Yamaha CR-800 Coupling board C951

Narph

Got a CR-800 with some funky grounding.

What is the value of C951?

I have the service manual and it says 0.01. Is that uF? pF?

The receiver has some grounding issues, I probably screwed something up, but the earth (E) wires on the coupling board don't seem to be talking to each other.

I have two cr-800s, and one has strange grounding issues with C951 being ~95uf, but that's trying to measure it in circuit. The other one seems like C951 is shorted (0.5 ohms, no uf), but the grounding seems fine, and the receiver works.

The one with the non-shorted cap isn't grounded properly, and tests ok with the dim bulb, but won't come out of protection.

Dunno, thought I'd ask here if anyone has had this problem. Gonna sit down and see if I can get a handle on all the grounds from the manual, then recheck my crappy soldering, it's more than likely something I did wrong after tearing it apart and putting it back together.

Thanks.

The one with the non-shorted cap isn't grounded properly, and tests ok with the dim bulb, but won't come out of protection.
Possibly the power supply for the protect circuit.

Huh. Well, I got one that measures 95uf, and one that's a short. The short is stock and the receiver works. See any problem replacing a ceramic disc with a mylar? 100V? It's all I have on hand.

Oh well, thanks for the help.

A bag of potatoes and a cat for high voltage work.

No, I've got an ok tester, I'm sure it's operator error.

Back
Top Bottom