Yamaha NS 690 qusetion....

Crossovers are easily removed from the rear panel. Its a plastic modular crossover assembly with the binding spring clips attached.

Good to know, however bad news, after I removed the tweeters and measured them that are fried. Readings into the Mohms :(

On the hunt for new tweeters.

In the mean time I'll pull the cross overs and give those a looksy .

Nashou

Did you take the diaphragm off and see if the leads to the voicoil are broken? Or voice coils burnt?

The wires tend to break underneath the blue circle....9C0D292D-EBE3-4649-870A-A1358DE58E2F.jpeg

I did. I scraped some of the magnet wire enamel off between the inside rim and coil to test continuity.
No luck on one. Will try the other one this week end.

There is guy on Ebay that does voice coil replacements. Anyone do business with them?

Athanasios

Well no need for the rebuild. I got a pair at auction for a measly 103 bucks.
These are from a NS 670 JA-5090 same as used in the 690.

Lets hope they work.

Isn't there a safety fuse mod you can do to protect the tweeters or is the failure just due to age?

Athanasios

When a tweeter comes up for sale. I'll snag it. I too have a set of Mk1's. They belonged to my father. Sadly a shifted magnet has invoked a " Down for maint." sign on them. :biggrin:
Jeez Dave! I know you're a busy guy but I'd have thought you'd have that woof fixed by now...it's been a while hasn't it? But then again when you're running 1000's .....I guess they can wait:dunno:

The 690's are not a real priority. Now if either set of my 1000's crap out. That may change the priority.

Hi AK family member.
I just brought the set of NS-690ii for $75. I am not sure if the woofer have been refoam yet but it looks very weird. I talk to a person after brought it and he claim that he's the original owner and never done any thing with it. Can you please let me know if this is an original surround/dust Cap?
Greatly appreciate it.
upload_2018-5-22_14-25-19.png

Back
Top Bottom