Yamaha NS1000M Discussion

Pretty radical to change to whole design to ported from acoustic suspension with no process of waveform or speaker design etc. I would have to leave the NS-1000 speakers stock. Just my humble opinion of course.
Regards,
Jim

Pretty radical to change to whole design to ported from acoustic suspension with no process of waveform or speaker design etc. I would have to leave the NS-1000 speakers stock. Just my humble opinion of course.
Regards,
Jim
I agree 100%, I have 2 pair and would never dream of hacking them up like this. He even admits he ruined the look of them.
Plus it's easy to add a sub and get down to 20Hz or less.
Just thought it was interesting.
Regards, Mark B

Last edited:
I would have to leave them stock too, but that said, his cabinetry work is beautiful isn't it?
The cabinetry and his methods are what I found interesting, quite a detailed job there. Nice step by step pictures too. I rarely see an article this detailed.

Pretty sure this is the place I've heard mentioned before, aren't they around 5K for a pair? Thanks for the link, I hadn't been to their website before.

Pretty sure this is the place I've heard mentioned before, aren't they around 5K for a pair? Thanks for the link, I hadn't been to their website before.
I think so. Probably another K for shipping.

The 1000M's & 690's were gifts. I purchased the NS-1000's new in 1980 over in Bitburg Germany at the BX.

Purchased my first pair of NS1000M in 1974, second pair were purchased used in 2008 after first pair were stolen during the flood of 2008. Thieves also took guns from a neighbor making it a federal case, first pair were held for evidence close to 3 years before they were returned.

Back
Top Bottom