Yamaha PC2002M restoration

amr2

My latest pickup, an old PC2002M. It works, although it is in poor condition. I will disassembly it and restore it the best I can. The more difficult part to restore will be the meter and power switch plastic frames. If anyone have them (the plastic frames), please send me a PM…

I will post some photos as project progresses.

Last edited:
Looking forward to your upcoming Journey. I have two in my possession. Complete opposites in looks. One looks like it lost a fight with a gorilla and was patched up and the other looks like it just came out of the box.

My latest pickup, an old PC2002M. It works, although it is in poor condition. I will disassembly it and restore it the best I can. The more difficult part to restore will be the meter and power switch plastic frames. If anyone have them, please send me a PM…

I will post some photos as project progresses.
Can't wait to see the progress.
I am assuming that it will be similar quality as the 2602 you just did :)

How is the DC offset on your example? I have four PC2002M's which do not come out of protection because DC offset is too high. Unfortunately, offset is controlled by DC Servo and is non-adjustable.

DC Servo and is non-adjustable.
I am no EE but common sense tels me that if the DC servo worked within specs once, it can be brought to the same spec onc emore.
Are there any unobtanium components on this amp? I am thinking that carefully matching new components and replacing the entire servo section, should probably do it.
It would be much easyer it it were adjustable. I am surprised that no EE looked into this issue and tried to solve the problem...maybe it is not so eary as just changing the components...

I would be courious to see what AMR2 comes up with...he allways figures things out :bigok:

I am no EE but common sense tels me that if the DC servo worked within specs once, it can be brought to the same spec onc emore.
Are there any unobtanium components on this amp? I am thinking that carefully matching new components and replacing the entire servo section, should probably do it.
It would be much easyer it it were adjustable. I am surprised that no EE looked into this issue and tried to solve the problem...maybe it is not so eary as just changing the components...

I would be courious to see what AMR2 comes up with...he allways figures things out :bigok:

I wish I was an EE. Here is what I know. My amps were from an amusement park and are very high hour. I was told they were from the Happiest Place on Earth but I cannot confirm that. Over time, the driver boards have become conductive which causes the DC Servo to set DC well over 1 Volt so no clicky. The DC Servo is not a module or a chip. I watched my tech (who is an EE) disable the DC Servo by lifting one of the two components of the DC Servo but I have forgotten which part it was.

Last edited:
How is the DC offset on your example? I have four PC2002M's which do not come out of protection because DC offset is too high. Unfortunately, offset is controlled by DC Servo and is non-adjustable.

I don't know, I wil test it over the weekend.
Sometimes DC offset drifting is due to bad solder joints, or a component out of specs.
You can remove the servo and insert a good quality capacitor in the feedback loop as a last resort. :D

I'll be following this thread closely,i joined the club a few weeks ago,all has been ok apart from the power switch breaking on mine,i was running it with a c50 pre but that started to run pretty hot so swapped it out for a marantz 3200 which was ok but decided to try a 1060 i have and thought that sounded better than the other 2,what are others using as pre's with theirs?

I don't know, I wil test it over the weekend.
Sometimes DC offset drifting is due to bad solder joints, or a component out of specs.
You can remove the servo and insert a good quality capacitor in the feedback loop as a last resort. :D
:beerchug:

It seems to be OK, only a few mV.

Back
Top Bottom