Years of work

45Lennie

Hi, New to AK, I've been putting a system together years. I think I got it right finally. I added some pictures of my system, including my record transfer studio. Studio consists of a Dyna Pas3x, dbx 1BX-3, Technics SL-J92 table w/ Stanton 681-EEE cart, and HK 695-a computer speakers (Best sounding computer speakers around). The main system consists of a B&O 4004 table, Sony TA-2000F preamp, Crown DC-300A power amp, and AR-11 speakers. I also switch off to my AR3's (ALL original) The combination of the Crown, and the Sony create an unbelivable clean, and transparent sound.

Attachments

• P2100139.jpg
    P2100139.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 186
  • P2100141.jpg
    P2100141.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 235
  • P2100143.jpg
    P2100143.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 141
  • P2100144.jpg
    P2100144.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 146
Thanks

Well done.:thmbsp:

Thanks, Even though this is all vintage gear, aside from the T.T., It took me a long time to match the Crown with the Sony 2000F. I was using a NIKKO BETA 40 preamp, but recently replaced the volume control in the Sony. WOW, a 5 hour job. Bought an Alps volume control with circuit board and had to use european multi conectors to wire it up because not enough room on the board for mulitple wire connections. The end result was very impressive, and successful. I forgot to take after pic's, DAMN! The match of the Crown with the Sony made all the difference. What I like about the Crown is it has a unique BIOS. what goes in, is the same as what goes out.

B&o

Very nice, I am completely drawn to those B&O tables. Beautiful.

Thanks, The B&O is a nice turntable when it is working. This TT has too many relays in it. I had to replace 2 of them in the past 5 years, and the speed change relay is starting to give me problems again. Luckly I have many replacement relays or I would have dumpped it long ago. I currently have a Thorens TD124/SME 3012 to take it's place if it keeps on acting up. New belts, clean arm transport, new relays. Looks can be deceiving. The 4004 is ALOT of work.

Back
Top Bottom