YES there will be a swap meet at the fest if..

Grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Enough people contact me to say they want a swap meet and will bring out their goods. Tables would be $15.00.

BAAADDDD IDEA :thumbsdn:
Do either of you have any idea how much that could possibly set a fool like me back???

I'm a local boy, and I have a house full of gear that I was thinking of bringing to the fest to see if there's any interest. I'd probably be up for getting a table for me and a friend. Does this sound like acceptable use? If so, I'll gladly take one.

I (obviously) have less than the 100 post requirement for selling gear on AK, and I understand all of the good reasons why this is so, but would it be out of line to list pieces that I could bring to the fest? Is there a good place for that? I'm kinda going through a period of purging after a long period of collecting, and it would be nice to see what interest exists in what pieces.

Squidward said:
I'm a local boy, and I have a house full of gear that I was thinking of bringing to the fest to see if there's any interest. I'd probably be up for getting a table for me and a friend. Does this sound like acceptable use? If so, I'll gladly take one.

I (obviously) have less than the 100 post requirement for selling gear on AK, and I understand all of the good reasons why this is so, but would it be out of line to list pieces that I could bring to the fest? Is there a good place for that? I'm kinda going through a period of purging after a long period of collecting, and it would be nice to see what interest exists in what pieces.

My $.02 is, being local and all, just bring it ALL to the Fest and I'm sure most of it will go one way or another. Wouldn't be any fun to have it all sold before anyone else gets to see it or test it out!

Retro

Retro Stereo said:
My $.02 is, being local and all, just bring it ALL to the Fest and I'm sure most of it will go one way or another. Wouldn't be any fun to have it all sold before anyone else gets to see it or test it out!

Retro

I would love to, but I doubt it would all fit in my car! I have some speakers, but I don't know if anyone would be interested in them because they'd have to transport them home. I could probably bring most if not all of the electronics, but the prospect of loading/unloading some of the heftier pieces would be a lot easier to do mentally if I was pretty sure it wasn't just an exercise in physical therapy. (Phase Linear 700B comes to mind.)

I'm also interested in the prospect of just swapping/trading gear. I'm thinking of making up a sign that says "Will swap solid state for tubes". Could you imagine seeing a guy holding a sign like that at your local freeway exit?

Squidward, do you happen to know an Ann Arbor guy named Archie? Heavily into tubes, as I recall. I met him at a shoe store.

Ann Arbor is a great town for chance occurrences like that.

I'd love to see your list. I need to do much the same thing: make a big fat list, see who expresses interest in something, go from there -- cuz there ain't NO WAY one tenth of it would fit in my station wagon, even if I weren't already filling it with speakers, stands, amps, etc. for the Tubino Audio-Dingus Boy room.

I have 8, 8 foot tables available for the swap meet. If need be we can possibly fit 1-2 more.

Grump, how many are left?

I'm about to move and bringing all the... stuff... (mostly little stuff like xovers, etc) I won't have room for. 50% of all proceeds will go to AK. If anyone has a unit or two or a box of lps they want to toss on there let me know.

Pete

Squidward I'd be interested in your list also.
(but don't want to step on any toes as being new myself)
I'm in warren and I may be interested in doing some swapping/trading.

If you'd like to email me my email is on my profile.

Back
Top Bottom