Yo from a bass guitar DIY designer

greenboy

UNMUTUAL
Hi y'all -

I registered here mainly to be able to see attached images in the SPEAKERS: Econo-Waveguide thread. Compression drivers on waveguides are a step up for the HF sections typically found in bass guitar enclosures, so I wanted to check out what others are doing, here... : }

catrafter,

Something looks wrong with our dogs! ; }

Where you at anyway? I'm up by Glacier Park.

dbCooper, thanks! You a player too?

Welcome gb from another bass player. Saw your cab plans on talkbass forum and hope to build one of them one day. Cheers.

Hey Bob!

Yeah, Brampton rings a bell. Sure hope to hear from more people doing the 15/6 with all-tube heads. I really liked it with a old 100-watt Bassman, and am looking forward to trying the Peavey VB-3 with it at some point.

...Have you checked out the econo-waveguide thread? That's what brought me here, since I advocate waveguides in my plans for the optional three-way versions.

I hadn't seen the waveguide threads here, thanks for pointing them out. It will be another 3 or 4 days reading. Any idea on the weight of the 12/6 cab when finished? I have a couple of vintage 12" woofers from an old console organ I was thinking of doing something with, 2 single 12 cabs sound way better to haul around than my twin 15" cab. I have 3 old Traynor Bassmasters, 2 are the 40 watt and the other is the 80 watt MkII. I had been looking at this: http://www.billsbest.com/thbasscab.html which uses a 10" woofer. What's your opinion?

I hadn't seen the waveguide threads here, thanks for pointing them out. It will be another 3 or 4 days reading.

Took me longer than that, but the definitive definition posts will take hours if that to fully grok and investigate.

Any idea on the weight of the 12/6 cab when finished? I have a couple of vintage 12" woofers from an old console organ I was thinking of doing something with, 2 single 12 cabs sound way better to haul around than my twin 15" cab. I have 3 old Traynor Bassmasters, 2 are the 40 watt and the other is the 80 watt MkII. I had been looking at this: http://www.billsbest.com/thbasscab.html which uses a 10" woofer. What's your opinion?

12/6 weight with the right drivers and plywood source could be just over 30 pounds. I really would investigate any woofer T-S parameters for a possible substitute woofer before committing to that, because these are all about the most broadband SPL per pound for guys playing five-strings, or who want Acme tone without the liabilities.

Len's cab is a good design, but it's very low output. Couldn't handle an R&B or a blues gig let alone a rock gig with that unless the PA was augmenting heavily. Probably more for quality practice tone, or a jazz duo or coffee house gig, really.

Back
Top Bottom