You Get The Last Word!

Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism means what?

EDIT -I thnk jfine should be declared he winner - his word is almost as long as some of our senteneces.

( I had to look this one up - for your pleasure readg. BTW -I still have no idea what it means.
Pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism (pseudoPHP) is an inherited disorder, named for its similarity to pseudohypoparathyroidism in presentation. The term pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism is used to describe a condition where the individual has the phenotypic appearance of pseudohypoparathyroidism type 1a, but is biochemically normal.

As such, a haploinsufficiency results similar to pseudohypoparathyroidism 1A, which is caused by a similar defect on the corresponding maternal chromosome. However, unlike pseudohypoparathyroidism 1A, which presents with all the symptoms of hypoparathyroidism except the low parathyroid hormone levels, pseudopseudohypoparathyroidism presents only with the skeletal defects and none of the defects in calcium and phosphate homeostasis. [1] Patients generally have normal calcium and phosphate levels and normal parathyroid hormone levels. As such, it is sometimes considered a variant of Albright hereditary osteodystrophy)

Last edited:
[That writeup was all about the genes controlling the disease, but in practicality: the parathyroid glands are 4 tiny glands embedded in the 4 corners of the thyroid gland. One thing they do is control calcium. "Hypo" would mean they are deficient or small. Pseudo, I dunno how that factors in.]

Bones and skeletons were scattered about as I slipped through the banana
trees just outside the pygmy's camp as they danced and beat drums unaware
of my presence.

Did you guys miss me? :no:

I see that in my absence there is still some class cuttin up going on! :yes:

I think HJ has been hanging out with the likes of Tox & Ten!
They are my problem children so far, but I will get this class under control. :D
JC, thanks for the heads up. :thmbsp:

Let's continue with the word:
Presence

Fun was not the word as Mr Creosote missed the bucket and fouled the
cleaning lady as the other customers looked on in shock.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom