Young folks, post those systems!

alexkerhead

To High For Infinity
I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of systems us young folks have here at AK.
Please, nobody over 25yo. :D
Please post age and your system specs.

I am 20 years old, will be 21yo in December.
My main and shop setup are in my sig.
Image.
attachment.php

I also have the tube setup with a magnavox quad 6V6GT amp and a set of realistic nova-4s.

EDIT:
It has been brought to my attention that someone believes this thread to be malicious, but I can assure everyone, this thread was made with good intentions, intended to contribute to AK.
I wanted to see what young people used so I could compare it to the common configurations of more experienced members. I just thought it would be interesting.

I'm 19

On my computer I have a Yamaha AX-500u Integrated Amp hooked up to a pair of Polk Audio Monitor 5B's and my main system is a Sansui 881 reciever & Sansui FR1080 turntable hooked up to a pair of Polk Audio 10B's and Larger Advents.

alexkerhead said:
I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of systems us young folks have here at AK.
Please, nobody over 25yo. :D
Please post age and your system specs.
All 6 of ye.

Just turned 21. I gave all my vintage gear to a friend when I moved to Tucson from Phoenix, wouldn't fit in the back of the sedan so I figured it might as well be in good hands. Anyway, my headphone system is:

Sony SCD-CE595
Pete Millett hybrid headphone amp with diamond buffers
Alessandro MS-1

With apologies to the band Busted, I am going to crash this thread.

When I was 16 I bought my first system:

Pioneer SA-7500 integrated amp;
Yamaha CT-610 tuner;
Philips GA-212 turntable;
Shure M-91ED cartridge (might have been an M-95ED);
ElectroVoice Interface A speakers;
Sennheiser HD424 headphones.

I bought this system new. How old am I? (No fair peeking at my public profile.)

pbda said:
With apologies to the band Busted, I am going to crash this thread.

When I was 16 I bought my first system:

Pioneer SA-7500 integrated amp;
Yamaha CT-610 tuner;
Philips GA-212 turntable;
Shure M-91ED cartridge (might have been an M-95ED);
ElectroVoice Interface A speakers;
Sennheiser HD424 headphones.

I bought this system new. How old am I? (No fair peeking at my public profile.)
143yo?

hehe, j/k
I will assume it was made and bought in 1976, so you were born in 1960 and you must be 46 or 47yo. Did I win?

I'll post for my 10 and 8 year old sons...
Pioneer SX 450 - $7@SA
Chinese Protron DVD player-Free@curb (plays MP3)
Cerwin Vega AT-3 $20@CL
Soon to add Cerwin Vega d-3 Free@curb need to be refoamed
They love it

I'm 20yrs old, and with the combination of my perpetual crave for audio nirvana and much valued advice from fellow AK'ers, I've been able to put together the following systems shown in 'My Gallery'.

Guy I work with, Steve, is about 25, and alternates between his Bose 901 Series 2 and Large Advents. He found the Advents in a thrift store, refoamed them (he does most of our refoaming work) and as I warned him, found them to be supplanting the Bose 901s, FREQUENTLY. :D

Think he's got an older model JVC or Sony receiver... late '70s to early '80s...

BTW: I built my first pair of "real" speakers, when I was 18. Derelict JBL L33 cabs, with Becker 8" woofers and Becker 1" dome tweeters and a crossover I built myself. Kept 'em for 5 years, and sold them to a co-worker. Sounded pretty good, and would come d*** close to matching a pair of CV D8s in SPL, in our college dorm (I had a better amp! :D )...

Regards,
Gordon.

I am 22 and I just started getting into vintage audio. My setup is not done yet but i am pretty close.

Sony TA-AX500
NAD 4020 FM Tuner
Cheap Sony CD changer
Sansui S-930 speakers

I also have a Hitachi SR-804 reciver, but it has some prblems that I need to work out

All I ned now is a turntable. I have been looking on eBay to see if I can pick up and old Dual 12xx series, but I have as of yet had no luck

im0551ju4.jpg

hekoman said:
I am 22 and I just started getting into vintage audio. My setup is not done yet but i am pretty close.

Sony TA-AX500
NAD 4020 FM Tuner
Cheap Sony CD changer
Sansui S-930 speakers

I also have a Hitachi SR-804 reciver, but it has some prblems that I need to work out

All I ned now is a turntable. I have been looking on eBay to see if I can pick up and old Dual 12xx series, but I have as of yet had no luck

im0551ju4.jpg

Nice setup!

Now, all you need todo is take a vacuum to that wooger!

lol, we have the SAME EXACT television. :D

Back
Top Bottom