Young folks, post those systems!

I'm a fan of simplicity.

Rotel 920ax
Teac 5 Disc Cd Changer
Pro Ject Debut iii USB
Sennheiser HD-480 Pro Headphones
Sony APM-22es Speakers

Oh and I'm 25, which is barely qualifying for this thread... Yikes!

hey there. 20 yrs old and this is my first post to audio karma.
MAIN/BASEMENT SETUP

Teac 2300s
Technics su-7300
Technics st-7300
Sanyo rd- 5030
pioneer rh-65
Sansui SE-9
Marantz 6300
Marantz 6 record changer / unknown model / dont care, its awesome
Cerwin Vega VS-120's

BEDROOM SETUP (working on it, huge mess, no pic)

Sansui AU-666
JVC KD-V400
Technics SL-QD33
Sansui SP-2500x speakers

Computer setup

Pioneer SX-3400
JVC HR-VP78OU (yes thats a VCR, 6 hrs recording time anyone?)
koss Dynamite's

Attachments

• IMG_1834.jpg
    IMG_1834.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1835.jpg
    IMG_1835.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1839.jpg
    IMG_1839.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 101
With apologies to the band Busted, I am going to crash this thread.

When I was 16 I bought my first system:

Pioneer SA-7500 integrated amp;
Yamaha CT-610 tuner;
Philips GA-212 turntable;
Shure M-91ED cartridge (might have been an M-95ED);
ElectroVoice Interface A speakers;
Sennheiser HD424 headphones.

I bought this system new. How old am I? (No fair peeking at my public profile.)

What???? All that nice gear and NO CD player??? ;)

22 years old

Just started getting into this about two years ago...

Music Hall MMF7
Sansui AU-717
Sansui TU-717
Pioneer HPM-100's
Sennheiser HD280 Headphones
VPI 16.5

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
I've been buying audio gear since I was about 14 or 15 - I'm 20 right now and I have the following:

My gaming/movie/music setup (I really do a lot with it)
-Denon AVR-4802 7.1 THX Receiver
-Denon DCM-520 carousel CD player
-B&O Beogram RX turntable (w/ MMC5 cart)
-Sony RX77ES cassette deck
-Pioneer CLD-D701 laserdisc player
-JVC HR-J600U VCR (Yes, I still have and use a VCR)
-Infinity IL40 speakers
-I'm not using them, but I have Infinity IL10's for surrounds, and a Beta 250 center not hooked up
-Eosone RSP-912 subwoofer

crw1839.jpg

I know some people live by vintage, and I like it okay but I prefer newer stuff over vintage. Some of you might turn your nose up at these Infinity speakers but they really sound great. As opposed to your standard vintage speaker, I like the esoteric stuff and things without big woofers (I'm rather leery of speakers with 12" woofers - me and Cerwin Vegas could never get along). I pretty much buy vintage to flip, but I keep a nice piece now and again if I find something worthy. Most places just have the low end vintage that no one wants except people I figure who might have had it when they were younger. I still don't see what people see in that old Pioneer and Marantz stuff to pay hundreds for it (Certainly not the smell - ugh, almost every vintage piece I get makes whatever room I put it in smell like old electronics - why can't they get the same formula for air fresheners?) - but to each his own I suppose.

My other system (Bedroom system, doesn't see near as much usage)
-Adcom GFA-545 Mk II amplifier
-Adcom GTP-400 Preamp
-JVC XL-Z331 CD player
-Denon DRM-540 cassette deck
-PSB (The Amazing) Alpha SE speakers

crw1845.jpg

I'd have a turntable in the above, but I can't find anywhere to fit my big Pioneer PL-71. My systems comprise entirely of the luck of what I find on Craigslist, at Goodwills, and other various thrift stores and through friends. None of this I have purchased new, but some of it is in like new condition (The Adcoms are this way - as is my Denon receiver).

Last edited:
That's a nice little system but the power amp looks like it might be suffocating.
Thanks, I play it pretty quiet in there so I've never even felt the amp get warm. Not sure what other people do to get theirs roasting - then again I have excess wattage in small rooms. A 100 wpc in that little bedroom I know is way too much power - but I'm not complaining about having lots of extra power/headroom :D

Last edited:
20 years old:

Main system:

Mcintosh MA6400
Thiel CS2.3's
Marantz CD5001OSE
DIY (heavily) modified Lenco L75, stacked platters
Jelco SA750D tonearm
Rega RB301 tonearm
Denon DL103/MIDAS
Denon DL304
Lehmann Audio Black cube (soon to be SE)
Clearaudio Smartphono

computer/radio system
Luxman R800
New Large Advents

I'm 22 years old, and here’s my living room system:
  • Akai GXC-710D cassette deck
  • Akai AT-2400 AM/FM tuner
  • Sanyo DCA 611 integrated amp, modified to pre-amp when the output stage broke.
  • Hitachi PS-38 direct drive turntable with Ortofon 2M pickup
  • Rotel RP-1500 belt drive turntable with Ortofon OM5E pickup
  • JVC HR-S7500 Super VHS
  • Toshiba RD-XS24 HDD/DVD-recorder
  • Beard Audio P50 power amp, 2*50 watt KT88
  • Home-built computer with a 3,2GHz AMD processor, Soundblaster Audigy soundcard and a 2TB harddrive for audio (Wave-files) and video (mainly DVD-images) storage. It is connected to one of the tape in/outputs so I can also record audio with it. It is a very nice way to record radio shows without interruptions to turn over a cassette, and of course it is also possible to make recordings from vinyl, cassettes, VHS, television broadcasts or whatever you connect to one of the inputs. Not to mention the possibility to edit the recordings. I save the results as 1,4Mbit (or, in a few cases, 2,8Mbit) Wav-files, which is the same as CDs.
  • NEC VT-695 projector, connected to the computer and the DVD recorder. The resulting picture size is more than 90 inches.
  • The little wall mounted LCD screen is connected to the DVD-recorder to be able to use the menu system without having to turn on the projector.
  • The oscilloscope is connected to a line output on the preamp. It shows the left channel in the vertical direction and the right channel in the horizontal direction. The combined L+R level shows up as a line between the bottom left and upper right corner of the screen, and the difference between left and right between bottom right and upper left. It doesn’t really have a practical function, it’s just for fun. There is something wrong with the timebase circuit, so it only works in “X-Y”-mode anyway, and I got it for free.

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 63
first post!

24years here, so just scraping in...

Amplifiers

Pioneer A-7
Pioneer SA-5300

CD

Denon DCD-860 (fantastic deck)

EQ
Sony SEQ-411 (slight drop at 1k for my small room...)

Currently in need of a decent turntable. When I was about 3 I pulled apart my dads pioneer turntable, so I guess you could say that's when my Pioneer appreciation started! However my dad not being technically gifted he was unable to put it back together and survived almost 20 years without a turntable until I brought him a Project Debut III with an Ortofon cartridge. It was flloor stock but still cost $550! It is an unreal player so I will most likely get one myself unless I can find a well looked after Pioneer one.

hey there. 20 yrs old and this is my first post to audio karma.
MAIN/BASEMENT SETUP

Teac 2300s
Technics su-7300
Technics st-7300
Sanyo rd- 5030
pioneer rh-65
Sansui SE-9
Marantz 6300
Marantz 6 record changer / unknown model / dont care, its awesome
Cerwin Vega VS-120's

BEDROOM SETUP (working on it, huge mess, no pic)

Sansui AU-666
JVC KD-V400
Technics SL-QD33
Sansui SP-2500x speakers

Computer setup

Pioneer SX-3400
JVC HR-VP78OU (yes thats a VCR, 6 hrs recording time anyone?)
koss Dynamite's

I noticed you have that little weather station hanging above your TT. I have the exact same one inherited from my grandfather.

I'm 19 years old:

I think, when I finish some additions in a few weeks, my system will be:

Pioneer sa7100
Technics sl1200mk2
Pioneer sg9500
Sony CDP350
Denon DRM-540
Pioneer sa7500ii
Pioneer tx7500ii
Pioneer cs66-e
Pioneer ctf500
Sansui tu4400
Nakamichi ta1a
a pair of these Pioneer speakers http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer...air)/1148218.p?id=1218224799780&skuId=1148218
I made a few updates! I added a pair of ADS l470 speakers to the main system, and I added a Realistic Stereo Bass enhancer/Subsonic filter to my college dorm room system (Pioneer sx-750,Teac cx-350, nuforce udac2, computer, tv, realistic minimus 7 speakers, klipsch bookshelf speakers, and Pioneer pl-530)!!

This was my stereo when I was 21, which was 31 years ago! lol Me and my pop made the custom cabinet out of some walnut that he had picked up while I was in the Navy.

secondstereo.jpg

Unless I get a multitrack setup going, this is gonna be the general layout for a while.

18 now, 19 in less than a month.

IMG_3958.jpg

what are those johnny 5 lookin speakers on top of those sub cabinets?
did you make those yourself?
they look rather nifty :)

Back
Top Bottom