Your #1 reason for hanging with us

What is your #1 reason for being on AudioKarma?

• The deals or pricing info

Votes: 6 0.7%
  • The technical knowledge

Votes: 370 43.3%
  • The personalities and friends here

Votes: 211 24.7%
  • The information on a specific brand or area of interest

Votes: 124 14.5%
  • Sharing my personal audio experiences with others

Votes: 144 16.8%

• Total voters
I initially came here to learn repair and through reading that I discovered personalities a lot like mine so then I didn't feel so crazy to have and love gear like I do. I stay because of the many posts that make me feel like there's common ground shared with other members. I'll be subscribing soon I promise! Hoarders unite! :D

All of those reasons apply to me but as a relative newbie, tapping into the shared experience and wisdom of the group has been #1 to me. This is also my destination if I need audio hardware or LP's due to the trust factor and fair pricing.

The same....

My receiver was acting up cause the unit needed a cleaning, found someone on AK talking about Detoxit and noticed the differing points of views. Back then there were allot of heated debates as it seemed there were people just looking for a fight. But allot of great people just like to come on to this site just to get away from it all....as it's a great place for great people to get together and share a great hobby.....

I have a friend with Tourette's, he plays drums, owns a big JBL/QSC/Mackie/dbx PA, and plays on a church praise team, where he yells F constantly while playing. :D

Everyone there loves him! :banana:

I joined AK after researching some fricking thing or another. I get enough and bug out occasionally, the people here are sometimes friendly enough to warrant personal contact, and my gear to crap ratio has increased slightly.

I don't care if Sandy doesn't want friends, I like him and his ol' lady too. :yes:
"F"? maybe he's trying to get them to use the correct the key... wait... oh you mean THAT "F"... :jump:

As already expressed: increased audio/video knowledge base, sharing of life experiences, and the creation of new relationships.

No other site offers the breadth and depth of content as does AK!

The wife thinks I've got a girlfriend on the go:biggrin:...I do, it's called a passion for sound and the people that goes with it, eh?

Q

The camaraderie, depth of taste in music, multitude of styles in listening spaces, and myriad of stereo systems brought me here. There are other audio-centric sites on the net, but none are like this one. The "Today's (Genre) Playlist" threads alone are priceless.

It's all of the listed reasons for me, but after just experiencing my first AK meet, I would have to say the no. 1 reason is now for the folks here on AK. I belong to a couple of other audio forums too, but AK is by far the friendliest, least cliquey, and has the most knowledgeable people around. Not only is there a tremendous knowledge base here, but people actually are willing to share that knowledge with others without being judgemental. AK is also a place where I can relax each night after I come home from work (2nd shifter here).

Wow ,old thread. For the knowledge, but can tell I have a lot to learn and the people are great so will be here a long time! Cheers

I like all aspects of this site. I enjoy sharing experiences with other like minded individuals. I wish I was technically gifted like many on here are so I could participate in that area, but there is enough diversity on here to keep me coming back. I continually pick up morsels of information to keep my interest and curiosity fed. It's been a fun journey!

Back
Top Bottom