your ashes on vinyl

Guest155

where to start this thread?? General Audio discussion, DIY??? :D ...Turntables, all about spinning vinyl, isn't it?

some months ago i red a guy who owned a very little folk & country label died at 37. Surprise was in funeral, all presents received a colored 7" with his favorite song on A side and his last song on B side and his ashes also pressed on vinyl

i found it completely awesome and sad :pity: (you know, like ultravox's "Dancing with tears in my eyes")

i googled "ashes on vinyl" but www.andvinyly.com seems to be out of service

The questions:

- do you know a vinyl manufacturer where to send my ashes when i'll pass (i won't send my own ashes, you know :D )
- will you do the same?
- which two songs will include your epitaph-on-vinyl??
- where will your LP's and CD's go when you'll pass??

A bit bizzare. I think I'd have the feeling I might be scratching or tickling the person, every time I played it!

If I were the company selling that concept, I wouldn't suggest just putting songs on them. I'd have the person record their own message while still alive, and keep it on file, to be pressed into the ash-impregnated vinyl after their death. Then "they" could really speak 'from the other side'.

But personally, I wouldn't want my ashes mixed into vinyl records. I'd be too afraid my personality would prevail, and the record would inevitably become WARPED. Groovy, perhaps, but definitely warped! :D

Not as unuasual as one might think...

Ed Hedrick was an executive at Wham-O, and inventor of frisbee disc golf. When he died a few years ago he had his ashes mixed into a limited run of discs. A well know disc golfer, and friend, recently died, and he requested that his ashes be made into some Frisbees as well.

I'd do it! And if you played my album backwards you could hear my wife saying "do you have to turn that music up that loud"?

i would also do it nukeme!

music is one of the most important parts of my life, i love music, i work on music, i dance to the music, it makes me feel happy and cry...

it would make other people realise that music was important for me. Doesn't matter if they don't have a turntable to play it, they would look at the record and think "what a crazy guy was Joan".

if a friend of mine would do it i'm sure i'd smile every time i "play his ashes"

I understand people think it's bizarre.
Pringles potato chips creator wanted his ashes to be put in a pringles can. And he did.

Other questions were:

- did you think about where your LP's go when you'll pass??
- did you think about songs on your funeral??

Madness - One step Beyond

I heard about this tonight on the radio via As It Happens from the CBC.
I thought I'd be breaking the news, but a quick search reveals someone else already brought up this topic.

It appears http://www.andvinyly.com/ is actually still alive and well.

This is pretty darn bizarre and cool. I used to want my body thrown out of a plane over Lake Superior and exploded to bits (I know, you can't legally do that) but now I want to BE A RECORD.

G'day all, yes this item was mentioned on one of our local AM stations this morning. I think I'm somewhat lost for works (strange for me). I wonder what the presence of ash would for the (playback) quality of the vinyl? Regards, Felix aka catman.

A bit bizzare. I think I'd have the feeling I might be scratching or tickling the person, every time I played it!

If I were the company selling that concept, I wouldn't suggest just putting songs on them. I'd have the person record their own message while still alive, and keep it on file, to be pressed into the ash-impregnated vinyl after their death. Then "they" could really speak 'from the other side'.

But personally, I wouldn't want my ashes mixed into vinyl records. I'd be too afraid my personality would prevail, and the record would inevitably become WARPED. Groovy, perhaps, but definitely warped! :D

A solid belly laugh at that last line :yes:

Back
Top Bottom