Your Favorite Jazz Artists... You may vote multiple times

Favorite Jazz performer/performers- vote for one or many

• Total voters
For me Mose Allison, Les McCann and Donald Byrd plus some Latin influenced players, Carl Tjader, Mongo Santamaria, Willie Bobo ...

Being a trumpet player, I cannot tolerate listening to Miles, he has the worst anemic, weak, sloppy tone ever recorded, but everyone else is convinced he's the "greatest":no:

Who do you prefer? Nat Adderley comes to mind... :scratch2:

Being a trumpet player, I cannot tolerate listening to Miles, he has the worst anemic, weak, sloppy tone ever recorded, but everyone else is convinced he's the "greatest":no:

Because to many of us he is the greatest. As with a singers voice, it's the ability to communicate and not the instrument itself that equals greatness. I cannot think of anyone better at communicating via the trumpet than Miles Davis. Add to that his ability to get the best from those around him and to innovate rather than follow and you have a deserving legend.

Because to many of us he is the greatest. As with a singers voice, it's the ability to communicate and not the instrument itself that equals greatness. I cannot think of anyone better at communicating via the trumpet than Miles Davis. Add to that his ability to get the best from those around him and to innovate rather than follow and you have a deserving legend.

Well said, Art!

:wtf:
Add up the percentages in the right column of the poll results. The total is considerably over 200%.
Is it taking total votes and dividing by voters while allowing multiple voting?

coleman hawkins, dr.lonnie smith, lou donaldson, george benson before he went pop, the prez, and early grover washington jr.

My exposure is more limited than I'd like, but until I can put the time in to become a real jazz buff, I voted accordingly

Back
Top Bottom