Your having audio issues? Maybe the troubleshooting flowchart is the solution.

My having issues opening the flowchart. It just opens a black page for me. Is anyone else in possession of this same issue?

My having issues opening the flowchart. It just opens a black page for me. Is anyone else in possession of this same issue?

Let's initiate a six sigma project to determine root cause. Let begin with a fishbone analysis....

Ha...seriously...the op was soo old I didn't try to open the attachment.

I have a backup TT that I use rarely. At least a year ago one channel died. My "flow chart" has always been start at one end of the signal path and work in a straight line to the other. I checked speakers, amps, pre-amp, inputs, outputs, cables you name it. Swapped out what I could and nothing. Finally checked continuity through the tonearm to the stylus. Stumped I let it go. Went back every couple of months to see if It was still broken like it would fix itself. Last week sitting at the computer previewing new music playing speed solitare trying to clear my head out of nowhere it hit me like lightning: Swap the stylus. Duh.

I stand by my flow chart. I just need to get better at what end to start at.

I found this over on the Van Alstine site. Frank has put this "Troubleshooting Flowchart" together for your audio problem solving needs. It would be interesting to put it to the test and see if he has it all covered.

RC
This gif is all blacked out. Do others see this problem too?

Edit: Guess I should have read forward..lol...

Last edited:
Is it this one?
a634c1cc13f1ac9019ce302c70f5d9da.jpg

url

I have a Marantz network Recorder
616YWzCETQL._SX522_.jpg

Its basicly a tape recorder but instead of Tape it uses compact Flash Cards I use it as a network recorder it records anything my computer sound card hears.There is A Cambridge Damagic between the imac and the marantz conects from the imac to the dac via a printer cable. Then you use the printer cable usb input at the front of the device to up load what you recorded back to the Imac as PMC wav files Thats the basics. Its very expensive.

My wondering when i do it the analog route using the RCA input as you would a tape machine of the Marantz the sound of the amp diminishes until you pull the lead out the Marantz tape input sockets why is this please. It effects the sound of the amp even when the device is switched off

Don't know if this is right forum? Anyway, l bought Yamaha amp. at yard sale. AV-33. Was going to sell it. Now I want to fix it and keep it. Powers on with a click sound. Then sounds great for about 20 seconds. Then powers off for about 1 second, then powers back on by itself with same click sound about 20 more secs., then off 1 sec. Just over and over. And over and over. Any ideas? Maybe power switch? Anyone know where to get one? Or other suggestions? Thank You, Pops1

Don't know if this is right forum? Anyway, l bought Yamaha amp. at yard sale. AV-33. Was going to sell it. Now I want to fix it and keep it. Powers on with a click sound. Then sounds great for about 20 seconds. Then powers off for about 1 second, then powers back on by itself with same click sound about 20 more secs., then off 1 sec. Just over and over. And over and over. Any ideas? Maybe power switch? Anyone know where to get one? Or other suggestions? Thank You, Pops1

is this any good to you

I would start a new thread under this section. Something like "Yamaha AV-33 Powers Off/On after 20 seconds"
That said, it sounds like a problem with the protection circuit.

Please do not be offended by this funny silly addition to the flowchart which comes across my mind, as a possible guide for repair is already in the topic:

If there is a repeating turning on/off situation and the problem could be the power switch, there should be a decision block in the flowchart questioning: "Does the power switch button go in and out by itself all the time? " Yes/No
;)

Thanks for the replies. I may be able to do something from watching that video but the one there didn't power up at all. This one does, but I'll still try. And l couldn't use the flowchart info for this. And no, the power switch button doesn't change but the power does. Now I don't even remember if unit has indicator lights and if they go off and on. I'll have to check. I've been working on other stuff. But this would sure be nice. Pops1

Back
Top Bottom