Your Last Concert (or two)

July 20, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

Sold Out.

Edit 7/22/18: Dear Mr BTH. Why did you come on stage One hour and 45 minutes late? Is that what 50 million in album sales translates to? And why were you selling all access passes at the front door for $100? Shit heads.

Last edited:
Detroit Institute of Arts ~ Friday Night Live! Huun Huur Tu
huun_hur.jpg

This music group from the Russian republic of Tuva near the Mongolian-Russian border. The most distinctive characteristic of Huun Huur Tu's music is throat singing in which the singers sing both the note and the note's overtones, producing two or three notes simultaneously. The group primarily uses native Tuvan instruments and plays mostly indigenous Tuvan folk music, but is also known to experiment with western instruments and electronic music.

IMG_2088.jpg

"Lynyrd Skynyrd Farewell Tour" 07/20/2018
Went to Great Woods/Tweeter/Comcast/Xfinity Center Friday night to see "The Last of the Street Survivors" with guest stars Marshall Tucker and .38 Special....
Lynyrd Skynyrd Farewell Tour.jpg

July 22, 2018, McMenamins Edgefield, Troutdale OR

Jackson Browne

Two sets. Sold out. I have never seen him play this many hits. Great show.

July 24, 2018, McMenamins Edgefield, Troutdale OR
Caitlyn Smith
Sheryl Crow
Not sold out, about 4,000 plus. First night of a 6 show run for me.

July 25, 2018, McMenamins Edgefield, Troutdale OR

London Richards
Jessie Reyes
Halsey

Sold out. What a crap show! All these young kids and all the artists used the F word like they were trying to outdo each other.

Arctic Monkeys at CMAC in Canandaigua, NY. It was by far the most insanely loud concert I've ever attended, to the point of being intolerable.

Cheap Trick at the Saenger Theater in New Orleans. Great show, those guys are one of my favorite bands of all time. Was hoarse for several days after singing along with Dream Police, I Want You to Want Me, and Surrender.

July 27, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Kitty Kat Fan Club
Mephiskapheles
Streetlife Manifesto

Last two bands, awesome! Kitty Kat not so much.

Cheap Trick at the Saenger Theater in New Orleans. Great show, those guys are one of my favorite bands of all time. Was hoarse for several days after singing along with Dream Police, I Want You to Want Me, and Surrender.

Yet another testament to the power and magic of Robin Zander, one of the greatest of all Rock vocalists, The Man Of 1000 Voices.

I wonder if The Trick ever play @ the EU anymore? I'd love to see 'em again.

Fantastic Negrito, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Sturgill Simpson, and the War on Drugs. 7/28/2018, Camden, N.J. That was the Saturday night lineup at this year's WXPN Xponential Music Festival.

Simpson's bare bones flamethrower of a show was the best of the four. The War on Drugs was bigger, slicker, and more refined, but not my personal cup of tea.

I saw Preservation Hall Jazz Band way back in the '70s, and I remembered them as a big brass band playing Dixieland stuff like "When The Saints Go Marching In." Last night's version was just 6 guys featuring trumpet, trombone, tenor sax, stand-up bass, drums and keyboards. Kind of like a Trombone Shorty show. Definitely hotter than the '70s version.

Four extremely different acts on one bill, in a nice outdoor amphitheater with good acoustics, for $18 bucks (if you're an XPN member). Tough to beat that nowadays.

Last edited:
July 29, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Lupe Fiasco

Not sure how many of these hip hop shows I can take anymore. They really suck.

This was the last show of a 6 night run. All in brutal 90 deg plus days.

Back
Top Bottom