Your Last Concert (or two)

October 3, 2018: Primus at the Adler Theater, Davenport, IA - went with middle son. We would both go see Primus again in the future.

October 6, 2018: Eric Idle at Anderson's Bookshop, Presented at Pfeiffer Hall, Naperville, IL - went with eldest son, his treat in gratitude for waking him up one night while he was in middle school so he could watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail with me. It was his introduction to Monty Python and he rolled off the couch from laughing so hard before the opening credits were over. Eric Idle is one naughty, naughty, naughty man - also extremely funny in person.

October 17, 2018, McMenamins Mission Theater, Portland OR

Dj Xolotl (of Noche Libre Collective)
She
Lili St. Anne

October 19 & 20, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Twin Shadows
Borns

Both were sold out. Twin Shadows mixed it up both nights. Borns did not.

Last edited:
October 21, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Shoreline Mafia (Sold out, last stop of tour.)

Tonight at the Hollywood Bowl

Live performance of Nightmare Before Christmas with Danny Elfman and original cast.

We went in 2016, after the show Elfman sang a Boingo song which is my daughters fav band. Was drizzling last time, should be nice weather tonight

Well perfect weather and full original cast. Then elfman sang dead mans party for the encore

4F0871C2-067D-4EA2-9809-A84F404E6F76.jpeg

Last edited:
I discovered Newer Reggae this past year or so ago.. Somewhat board these days with little hobbies The wife and I decided to try a Reggae Show somewhat close to the house.. I have only been to 2 concerts in my life (Ozzy & Metalica) approx 25 years ago..!! The wife and I went to that first Reggae show on 9/ 23/ 17.. About 1 year ago.. Since going to the first show we have seen quite a few shows ( from L.A. - to - Berkeley - to San Luis Obispo).. So here is a list of Bands we have seen since 9/23/17..

(times seen this past year)

Pepper (3)
StickFigure (2)
Tribal Seeds (3)
Fortunate Youth (3)
Iya Terra (3)
Indubious
Hirie (3)
Iration (2)
The Movement (2)
Rebelution (3)
Matisyahu
Twiddle
The Green
Law
Steel Pulse
The Expendables (2)
Pacific Dub
Stephen Marley (3)
Slightly Stupid
Albarosie
Senamotion (2)
Ital Vibes (2)
Dubbest
Hip Abduction
Burrito
4 Peace Band
Rital Movement
K-Bong
Katchafire
Soulwise
Roots of a Rebellion
Thrive
Arden Park Roots
Common Kings
Lowtops
Tenelle

Last edited:
Chris Isack last month. He puts on a great show, interacted with the audience a lot, actually came up to the mezzanine level where we were and sang up with us a bit, brought a bunch of the ladies up onto the stage to dance. I would see him again and highly recommend seeing him if possible.

The Temptations Wednesday night. Outstanding show. Did I forget to post this, or am I repeating myself?

GJ

Karrin Allyson the other night, mostly stuff from her new album, but several from her Rodgers & Hammerstein and Brazilian albums, as well. A great new venue in town with excellent acoustics, and, for once, a sound guy who wasn’t deaf. Did not need earplugs, thankfully. We had a great time, she put on a great concert.

Karrin Allyson the other night, mostly stuff from her new album, but several from her Rodgers & Hammerstein and Brazilian albums, as well. A great new venue in town with excellent acoustics, and, for once, a sound guy who wasn’t deaf. Did not need earplugs, thankfully. We had a great time, she put on a great concert.

That is cool, I loved her Blue Album.

Back
Top Bottom