Your Last Concert (or two)

November 10, 2018, McMenamins Mission Theater, Portland OR

Pink Elephant Cabaret

Something different. A co-worker is the lead singer for Scarlett Siren & The Tramps the backing band. They were pretty good, told her that.

This week, The Marcus King Band.
Looking forward to it.

Saw Marcus King when he worked the Chris Robinson project tour. As the Crow Flies. Would like to see his band as I have a few of his CD's. Sounds a lot like Warren Haynes and he can play guitar just as good as Warren.

November 15, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Yet another metal night ...

The Plot In You
Crown The Empire
Dance Gavin Dance
Underoath

Saw Marcus King when he worked the Chris Robinson project tour. As the Crow Flies. Would like to see his band as I have a few of his CD's. Sounds a lot like Warren Haynes and he can play guitar just as good as Warren.

I got to see that tour as well. Great show, not enough of Marcus though.

Show last week was great. Got to meet Marcus and chat for a minute or two afterwards.
Nice young man and a great band.
We're gonna have a lot more to look forward to from these guys.
Ended the show with a fantastic cover of MTB's Take The Highway...

November 16, 2018, McMenamins Mission Theater, Portland OR

Wesley Stace (aka John Wesley Harding)
Steven Page Trio (with drummer added. Formerly lead singer with Barenaked Ladies)

Sold out show at the Mission. We don't get a lot of these.

Not fully,the tour happened,though later dates were pulled,agreed it was a sham but crew and venues were payed in advance.Plus air fares and hotels add to the cost,its an odd one as someone had to fund it.

November 18, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Last stop of the 2018 Accelerated Nation Tour:

Con Brio
Blues Traveler

Not sold out but all 710+ tickets sold had a good time. A lot of interaction on the BT set with the opener. Good come-back from last year, but sort of a similar script for BT. John is not in the best touring shape.

Ike Reilly and Johnny Hickman (Cracker) at the Lost Church in San Francisco, a fun and funky little non-profit gem of a joint. They both played their own songs but it was mostly Ike Reilly's show, which was OK by me since I consider him a national treasure. They're done with the west coast and starting the 29th they'll be plowing through Reilly's turf in the midwest. Catch them if you can.

November 21, 2018, McMenamins Crystal Ballroom, Portland OR

Black metal for Thanksgiving eve:

Wolves In The Throne Room
At The Gates
Behemoth - Ecclesia Diabolica America 2018 E.V. tour

IMG_1120.JPG An Evening with JD Souther November 3rd Attucks Theater Norfolk Virginia. Got a copy of his debut LP with Glen Frey when they had formed a group called Longbranch Pennywhistle.

Last two shows for me were Elton John (Oct 12) and Phil Collins (Oct 19). Next three shows coming up are Bob Seger dates in December and January.

Back
Top Bottom