Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Went by Goodwill yesterday and grabbed all of these for $36. Some notes:

I really don't have any idea how good any of these pressing may be, other than the Deutsche Grammophon, since I understand those are generally supposed to always be really great.

Dvorak Symphony No. 9 conducted by Heinrich Hollreiser is still sealed.

I already have a copy of Whipped Cream, but this one is still in shrink wrap, so I'm wondering if it's a better copy.

I had to put a couple of box sets back because they were missing an album (very disappointed).

24912125288_ac2ec5528e_o.jpg

27009796179_1eec2047c6_o.jpg

This was a Black Friday RSD Exclusive Release. It was impossible to find locally as only 1100 copies were printed. Another AKer was gracious enough to find this for me.

Sonny Clark Trio ~ The 1960 Time Sessions ~ Time ~ TSQ 5449 ~ (2x LP) Black Friday RSD 2017

sonny clark.jpg

Picked this up from an Amazon 3rd party vendor $24.98 ITD - Box in good shape Records are pristine - Always wanted all of Beethoven's Symphonies, couldn't pass this up.
DSC_0002.JPG
Herbert von Karajan - Ludwig van Beethoven, Berliner Philharmoniker ‎– Beethoven • 9 Symphonies
Label:
Deutsche Grammophon ‎– 2740 241
Format:
8 × Vinyl, LP, Album, Compilation, Reissue
Box Set
Germany
Released:
Genre:
Classical
Style:
Romantic, Classical

Credits
Notes
Made and printed in Germany.

Inner information sheet dated ℗ 1963, and © 1977

Poly lined dust paper sleeves are dated 1980

Picked these up over the weekend

Dennis Linde - Linde Manor
Various - Smoky Mountain Ballads - Sealed
John Hartford - Earthwords & Music
Don Patterson with Booker Ervin - Hip Cake Walk
Stanley Turrentine - Up At "Mintons: Vol. 1

New1209.jpg

I found these at one of my local thrift stores this afternoon. They usually sell them for 25 cents each, but I didn't know that everything was 60% off today. When the lady at the counter told me that I looked kinda like this- :eek2:

So I paid a grand total of 90 cents for these...

38198226635_6603e1118b_b.jpg

The Thick as a Brick is the one with the full fold out newspaper. :D

Hope you have had the chance to experience this Vivaldi-like format wherein interpretations are made with music/poetry to match the four seasons, along with the messages found within each time period.

Typical '70's phil, which has come back these days with some of the recent providings out there. One has to listen closely to the lyrics to see the meanings within the words.

A great blend of melody and lyrics causing the eyeballs to turn inward at times.;)

Q

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom