Your Latest Additions (LP)......

I last got a 4 record set....

American Top 40 with Casey Casem (12-1-84)

I did not realise casey casems shows were sent to radio stations ON RECORDS!! -- I thought the shows were live!! (A live feed they got (especially starting in the 80s))

I wonder when they werent sent on records anymore??

All the songs are goregous sounding!!

IMG_8156.JPG IMG_8157.JPG Albums have been a bit scarce lately.
A lot of my recent album finds have been 45's:) ( but some good ones)

Found a couple of albums on the weekend and believe one is a pretty rare one.
Alkebu-lan, Land of the blacks
I've listened to two sides of the dbl album and it's a difficult listen.
May need some more listening to discover what its musical attributes are

View attachment 1290047 View attachment 1290048 Albums have been a bit scarce lately.
A lot of my recent album finds have been 45's:) ( but some good ones)

Found a couple of albums on the weekend and believe one is a pretty rare one.
Alkebu-lan, Land of the blacks
I've listened to two sides of the dbl album and it's a difficult listen.
May need some more listening to discover what its musical attributes are

That is a nice score, anything on Strata East is a difficult find and worth $$, and yes a lot free jazz can be difficult to get into. I have this one https://www.discogs.com/Mtume-Rebirth-Cycle/release/892202 with a very similar lineup and it took a few listens to fully appreciate.

I did not realise casey casems shows were sent to radio stations ON RECORDS!! -- I thought the shows were live!! (A live feed they got (especially starting in the 80s))

I wonder when they werent sent on records anymore??

I remember working at a radio station in the early 1990s or so and receiving syndicated shows (like Dan Neer) on records that we would play Sunday evenings. We also received satellite feeds too.

And gawd, we played them on some beautiful Technics broadcast tables that probably got unceremoniously tossed in the dumpster at some time.....:eek:

Jealous of your APP!
Been on the hunt... Good grab

Ben
Thanks.
Employed slightly different eBay tactics than normal. Found a cheap copy with a generic "good" description, guessing the seller had no idea about grading standards. Saw a great looking spindle and snagged it figuring no big loss if it was unplayable. Arrived dirty as hell but an RCM scrub turned it into NM - . Just got lucky, really.

R-12566326-1537729257-2318.jpeg.jpg

Re-released 9/14. TEL00009 The word is severely overused; but it's really awesome.

Can't remember. It was a few days ago.

:dunno:

I know I haven't heard it yet. I've been buying a lot of $1 M- LPs lately, good ones too. I mean, there they are NOW so I just buy them. I'm about 150 LPs behind in the listening process, 100 or so behind in CDs too.

:dunno:

Sure am glad I quit buying music. o_O Sure glad I'm not addicted. How can a guy say no???

Last edited:
The last LP's I bought were...

Chris Stapleton- From A Room Volumes 1 and 2
Fleetwood Mac- S/T Debut
David Bowie- Heroes

Got them all new from ImportCD's on a 30% off if you spend $50 or more sale. Well worth it IMHO...:music:

I last got a record with 1 song on it :)

LOVES GONNA GET YOU - Fredrick "M.C. Count" Linton (1986)

Its a rap version of another song with the same name ... I hadnt ever heard either but the rap version is pretty good! (80s Rap is quite good)

On this 45 (Full size (Same size as a 33)) it says "For Promotional use only Not for sale"

Ah man!!

Wow look at em all :)

Good for you bud!!!!

Yesterday I got a Pink Floyd record :)

MASTERS OF ROCK (Its a greatest hits collection from when Mr Barrett was with them (Which was thier BEST period really)

Back
Top Bottom