Your main program source?

What's your main program source?

• Total voters

stereorob

this should be intresting!! the audiophile community is very diverse!

r.t.r.--------------REEL sound-------------!!!
i listen to open reel tape mpre than anything else! to me it sounds more ritch full and musical than anything else, my weapon of choice is an akai gx-255 deck and a teac 4300 deck. :music:

now its your turn!

CD.
It has just been the most convenient for me also because then I can rip my whole collection to my computer so I can play the same stuff at my less than serious secondary rig.
I've tried doing vinyl, but the extra cost is not quite worth it for me, a used value $700 turntable did not sound TOO much better than my used value $10 CD player.

I like that you called them "records," and not "LPs" or "vinyl," or (heaven forbid) "vinyls!"

Records. That's what the were, are, and will always be.

Mainly FLAC files from my computer. Records come in a fairly close second. Don't have a CD or tape player of any sort in the system right now.

I go all over the place. Right now I'm listening to my old cassettes that I recorded over 30 years ago. Next week I will be listening to my reels, then my CD's then my records.

Main feed is records, stereo, SQ & QS Quadraphonic, CD4 as well. Q8 tracks next, then ripped records in .wav format so I can play them as I drive. After that, an MP3 or two.

CDs, SACDs, and DVD-As (when I can find them). But I really love the sound of the latter two, especially multi-channel. Much more immersive, much higher quality sound. Greater dynamics, plenty of bandwidth, just more realistic through and through.

I think you should have a catagory for regular Cassettes. Even though my main source is records, I do use my cassettes almost as much.

I play records most of the time and prefer the sound. I also listen to a lot of cd's. They can't be beat for convenience.

Definately records. That, for me, is what makes this all worth it. All the rest (cassettes, CD/DVD, mp3/digital) get about equal billing behind that.

@ Edriz, I think regular cassettes are covered by compact cassettes.

Although, my lowly tuner gets alot of speaker time. Didn't see that on the poll.

Radio?

What about listening to the radio as a choice?

That would have to be my vote, as most of my equipment is tuned to some station or another (AM, FM, XM and very infrequently online streaming radio).

What about listening to the radio as a choice?

+1

If I had to break it down into actual time listening it would go like this:

Radio - all day at work 5 days a week
MP3 - Commuting
Records - When I'm at home I'm spinning
CDs - Occasionally get played at home

I put LP because, even though I'm listening to CDs more than LPs lately, it's only because I've been so busy.

For sitting down and listening (which is all I really use my system for) it's almost always LPs.

Five years ago it was 100% cd but now it's more like 60% cd and 40% vinyl and that margin is growing ever closer together.

Back
Top Bottom