Your thoughts on Woody Allen

from what i gather,he didn t have much to do with the raising of any child. seperate homes,etc,i doubt if he was any kind of a father.i see the point about the situation,however,he was not and is not her blood relative in any way. he is just an old lech who scored a young girl. face it-she was easily accessable. they have remained together for some time now. whow knows,maybe it is love?i think through the whole ordeal,he was given a bad rap. this has nothing to do with his film career. he makes very interesting movies that are enjoyable to watch.i am not going to hang out with him or is he going to be part of my ordinary life.i enjoy him as entertainment only.

This is what you said and this is what I am responding to. What you propose; it would be perfectly acceptable for a grown child to have sexual relations with their parent if they were both consenting adults. Or did I read you incorrectly and there would be limits on sexual relations between individuals? I'm not talking about Woody Allen if you can't figure that one out.

You reaffirm it above. If 2 people are consenting adults, they can do what they want. Is that not what you mean?

Look,I really don't think kids ahould ever be haveing sex with a parent.
And I do think it's weird, I just don't much care for Hollyweird gossip.
And I grew up likeing Zelig and other movies by him.So it sadens me he couldn't have used better judgment in his personal life.
And knowing a little about him he isprobbably not the most well mentaly stable guy,but I am not going to talk smack about him on line for kicks.
I hope both he and Soon-Yi live a happy life as adults ,they are big enough to make there own decitions now.what is she 25 now?

he was not and is not a parent. ever! just a self loathing old jew with all kinds of phobias and issues. he was uncle woody to these kids. now ,if andre previn would have been with her-he is her adopted father.like the media,we all want to twist the facts so now it is a scandel of the highest degree.the man is at best, an old lech.i agree that maybe he should have looked elswhere for his jollies.this kind of thing breeds bad press.if this had been hefner or some other aged hipster doofus,he would be lauded as a stud.woody is such a moaning,whining,complaining,wimp,t we want to think the worst. i think the man is probably harmless. soon-yi could take him in a fair fight.come to think of it,i now hate the wrinkled up troll. death to the pervert, woodie allen!

Look at the doubble standard (girl next door )Everyone says way to go Hef!
Woody is younger than Hef and the girls are the same age in fact I think SoonYi is older.So why should I get all upset when there marrage has out lasted almost 50% longer than most California marrages and a lot longer than most Hollywood celeb marrages.I just cant bring myself to give a shXX.

:smoke:Look at the doubble standard (girl next door )Everyone says way to go Hef!
Woody is younger than Hef and the girls are the same age in fact I think SoonYi is older.So why should I get all upset when there marrage has out lasted almost 50% longer than most California marrages and a lot longer than most Hollywood celeb marrages.I just cant bring myself to give a shXX.
OOPS! I guess the first one did go.Sorry

1) Was she a minor when the alledged sex acts took place? If so, I would say "Woody is a pedophile".
2) Is she a blood relative (Was it incest?)?
If so, then I would say "Woody is sickf**k."
3) Was he married to Mia, when this occured?
If so, then I would say "Woody is an adulterer". If the answer to ALL
of these questions is NO, hate me if you like, but
no crime was committed. Even if the answer to question #3
is yes, then his worst sin is adultery. Immoral, perhaps, despicable to be sure,
but not necessarily criminal. A domestic issue at the worst.

So, to add my opinion to Goramans response;
If she is not his genetic daughter, and she was an adult at the time,
then Goraman is correct. And what took place is none of our damned business. If this is the case, then he did NOT "molest his own daughter", far from it.
The issue just is not that simple.

Do I like his movies?
They have their funny moments, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see them.

Do I hate him?
No. Blindly hating someone over an issue you don't fully understand is a sign of stupidity. Sorry, but it is. And we have too much of that going around.

Dave

At some point (over 10 years) Woody is the implicit father or father figure to this girl. Therefore there must been some trust built between the mother and Woody regarding this child. To refer to Hugh Heftner is to lose sight of the basic issues involved.

At some point (over 10 years) Woody is the implicit father or father figure to this girl. Therefore there must been some trust built between the mother and Woody regarding this child. To refer to Hugh Heftner is to lose sight of the basic issues involved.

Not so sure you have a point here as he was not a father figure he was uncle Woody to this girl .And although this has been beat to death.The D.A. found no case in it.And other than poor judgment and the whole weirdness factor there isent much to say here.

I love his "sleeper". After the Soon-Yi incident I stopped watching his movies as I think he is a sick sob. If the guy has a little concience and smartness just goes to China and f$%# the young girls there. Then bring one of them back home and call it love. :) Many American middle-aged men have been doing it and loving it. :)

Being from the generation I'm from from, I am expected to like him. But I have never been able to stand them. His movies may have been better, if he had gotten some one else to play the caractures. he did. He just made them unbelieveable to me. Give me the Coen brothers anyday.

coen bros are clever,but not that funny.woody was very funny in the day. his movies have now moved to "art". i still enjoy his films though. don t care about his sorbid personal life. very vicious people on this topic. i can t believe a nebbish like him could create such hate. baffles me!

coen bros are clever,but not that funny.woody was very funny in the day. his movies have now moved to "art". i still enjoy his films though. don t care about his sorbid personal life. very vicious people on this topic. i can t believe a nebbish like him could create such hate. baffles me!

Pitty I can understand but your right ,so much hate for such a messed up little anxuois man.

It's good and proper to hate people you think do evil disgusting things. Christ, a person has to have SOME reaction when faced with wicked behavior, regardless of what your notions of wicked are. Anger, fear, disgust, hatred----some goddam thing.

It's good and proper to hate people you think do evil disgusting things. Christ, a person has to have SOME reaction when faced with wicked behavior, regardless of what your notions of wicked are. Anger, fear, disgust, hatred----some goddam thing.

So correct. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Back
Top Bottom