Your thoughts on Woody Allen

It's good and proper to hate people you think do evil disgusting things. Christ, a person has to have SOME reaction when faced with wicked behavior, regardless of what your notions of wicked are. Anger, fear, disgust, hatred----some goddam thing.
I dissagree with you.Hate the sin and pray for the sinner is what I learned from Christ.I could quote the bible but it would get this thread closed.

I dissagree with you.Hate the sin and pray for the sinner is what I learned from Christ.I could quote the bible but it would get this thread closed.

To quote a book I'm reading, "If Grace is so amazing, why don't we like it?"

Sadly, there are very few successful artists of any genre that I would trust my daughter (or son) to. Being highly creative and being depraved seem to be linked all too often (I speak with a fair amount of experience in the matter).

While I'm not (thank God) in the judging business... I am required to be discerning, as are we all.

A good double-bill to watch might be the Coen Brother's "No Country For Old Men" and Woody Allen's "Match Point". Both deal with the amorality of evil (bordering on banality).

No it may get this thread closed for a short time or removed for clean up and those that make religious or political replies may get some time off to think about their roll in getting to that point!

No it may get this thread closed for a short time or removed for clean up and those that make religious or political replies may get some time off to think about their roll in getting to that point!

Thats why I refrained from letting things get to that level,And to the above comment decernment is our responcability but hate is something else.And we diminish ourselves by harboring it.

I dissagree with you.Hate the sin and pray for the sinner is what I learned from Christ.

Yeah, I've heard that before. I reckon I ain't as holy as you.

As Vinnie said when his wife said he should make a novena, "if you get me plans I know where I can get the lumber REAL cheap."

Geez,He's Woody Allen,a damned film director.Not Osama Bin Laden,Adolf Hitler or Idi Amin.If you have to despise a celebrity,how about Michael Vick?
Jimmy

Yeah, I've heard that before. I reckon I ain't as holy as you.

As Vinnie said when his wife said he should make a novena, "if you get me plans I know where I can get the lumber REAL cheap."

Im not saying you shouldn't dislike the act of breaking someones trust,And it really seems like he should have rejected her and walked away from the relationship.

Problem is they seem to be really in love,There marrage is doing well,and Soon Li seems to be happy too.
The news media did a drive by smear on them and never fallowed up on the story and they made it sound much worse than things really are "I know it's hard to belive our trusted media would smear someone to make money " but that is what happens here and they have sole power in driveing public proception. The media is far more sinful in my personal opinon then Mr.Allen

Hey Ten toes not to change the subject but but the Guy Clark /Dublin Blues has menny layers of cool,Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Back
Top Bottom