Your Top 3 Favorite Sitcoms Of All Time?

I forgot all about Andy Griffith and I Dream Of Jeannie. Reminds me, I forgot about Bewitched as well.

geez, Andy Griffith! So many I still watch and love but forgot to include.

Gilligans Isle, Odd Couple...

I Dream of Jeannie (Barbara Eden, the Goddess). Man, I just can't make up my mind.

I take my original 3 back, except for the Honeymooners.

Barney Miller

When Things Were Rotten (A 1975 Mel Brooks spoof of Robin Hood that only lasted a half season on ABC.)

3rd Rock... (Still have the 3D episode on tape.)

Hill St. Blues
ER
St. Elsewhere
(St. Elsewhere was in a class all it's own, launching the career's of many actors still at the top of their game today. Starring Ed Begley Jr., William Daniels, Howie Mandel, David Morse, Denzel Washington, Mark Harmon, David Birney, Norman Lloyd, and lots & lots of temporary characters played by more well-known actors, such as Helen Hunt, Laraine Newman, Tim Robbins, Eric Stoltz, and others. I'd love to see the entire series released on DVD.)

Like the old Lay's potato chip commerical, I just couldn't stop with three.

Anyone remember these?

Some of these were around when I was a kid.

Benson
Carter Country
Family Affair
Fat Albert & The Cosby Kids
Green Acres
Hazel
Home Improvement
Julia
My Three Sons
Petticoat Junction
Room 222
Small Wonder
That's My Mama
True Colors
Welcome Back Kotter
What's Happening

Rome

Last edited:
Gunther Toody and Francis Muldoon

Car54.jpg

The Young Ones
Monte Python's Flying Circus (is this a sitcom?)
Little Rascals

I had to throw these into the hat. I thought they were great! Actually, it would probably be:

Taxi
Sanford and Son
Barney Miller

Laverne and Shirley was pretty good, too. Penny Marshall is great and Lenny and Squiggy just about drove me crazy.

Last edited:
Great choices everyone. I remember growing up in the 70's and 80's and watching lots of sitcoms as both my parents were always working and not at home.

- M*A*S*H
- Three's Company
- The Ropers
- Taxi
- Adams Family
- Different Strokes
- Silver Spoons
- Facts Of Life
- I Love Lucy
- The Honeymooners
- Sanford & Son
- WKRP In Cincinnati
- All In The Family
- Family Ties
- Get Smart
- Gilligan's Island
- Hogan's Heroes
- Odd Couple
- McHale's Navy
- Mork & Mindy
- Laverne & Shirley
- Happy Days
- Growing Pains
- Charles In Charge
- Who's The Boss
- The Cosby Show
- Night Court
- Roseanne
- Married With Children
- Brady Bunch

And these are only the sitcoms. Cartoons, sci-fi, dramas... forget it... I think I watched too much TV growing up. I don't know if it's a sign of me getting older, but I think the TV shows of yesteryears were more interesting than a lot of what's currently available which is why I watch less and less of TV except for news, History Channel, National Geographic and food shows.

Me thinks someone needs to get out more :yes:

I'm not normally a sitcom person, or even really a TV person but...

Arrested Development was pretty damn funny, even if it did fall apart towards the end...

I've been enjoying The IT Crowd quite a bit lately, so much so that I've gone through and watched all of the episodes twice on my Roku...

The Simpson's is an easy one, they aren't all funny but when they are...:D

Honorable mentions to The Big Bang Theory and The Mighty Boosh

Back
Top Bottom