Youtube is absolutely obnoxious

I found that the mid stream commercials appear using my PC. What I also found was that when I downloaded a YouTube video of JJ Cale and Leon Russell Paradise Studio session (highly recommended) on my PC using a free software, it did so removing the ads. :music:

But on my Roku........No ads.

Is the $110 a month including internet? About a year ago my wife and I switched from cable to DirecTV, and the DirecTV bill is something like $75 or so with a free DVR and HBO, although the internet provider is separate. The free DVR is just great, though.
NO. That's TV only.o_O The phone and internet are on another separate bill of about the same amount.:( Don't get too used to all of that at that price. I'll bet there's some fine print somewhere and it won't last long.

The last I heard, the local redneck cable company still has like 40 analog channels with a fuzzy ass picture, just like they've had for the last 30 years.

Lucky you - we don't even get the Fuzzy Ass Channel here ...

donkey-booty.jpg

NO. That's TV only.o_O The phone and internet are on another separate bill of about the same amount.:( Don't get too used to all of that at that price. I'll bet there's some fine print somewhere and it won't last long.

That may be. We switched because the cable was taken over by Spectrum, and it was going to be $270 for cable/internet/home phone, and with the DirecTV and internet bills together, it's still about $100 a month cheaper now. I guess if they jack the price up too much, we'll just switch to something else again. I'm pretty happy with it so far, though.

That may be. We switched because the cable was taken over by Spectrum, and it was going to be $270 for cable/internet/home phone, and with the DirecTV and internet bills together, it's still about $100 a month cheaper now. I guess if they jack the price up too much, we'll just switch to something else again. I'm pretty happy with it so far, though.
Hopefully it stays the same price for you.

As for us, I've been seriously thinking about calling them and saying hey, if that's the best you can do for us, we have other options and you may lose us as a customer. It might be worth a try. I know people say that it sometimes works with Sirus XM. The worst they can say is no.

Hopefully it stays the same price for you.

As for us, I've been seriously thinking about calling them and saying hey, if that's the best you can do for us, we have other options and you may lose us as a customer. It might be worth a try. I know people say that it sometimes works with Sirus XM. The worst they can say is no.

My wife did that repeatedly with Time Warner Cable, and it worked several times. When Spectrum bought them out, though, there was no more negotiating, and no more discounts, and that's when we started shopping around.

Trying to renegotiate is certainly worth a try. If they won't budge, there are other satellite options, and if you can get at least internet at a reasonable price, then there are also minimalist TV packages like Sling over the internet that are pretty cheap with a small set of channels. I tend to watch just a few channels most of the time anyway. You can also get something like an Amazon Firestick for $40 that provides you with quite a bit. Cutting the cable -- or satellite -- is more and more workable these days.

transmaster said:
I don’t know if you have noticed it but YouTube is very obnoxious on my Apple TV with how the videos are playing. You used to have the Add at the beginning of the show which you could try to skip,didn’t always work. Now not only do you have the add at the beginning but you get sudden breaks during the video play, and I mean you are watching something and without any warning or break you have some wahoo trying to sell you something, you have to skip out of the add.

Download the video and watch it locally on your computer :)

Back
Top Bottom