youtube vinyl rips

bryblob

I use youtube a lot for browsing and finding new music. There are some vids where they are playing vinyl, and most of them sound pretty good. I was just thinking about the process of doing that, seems like quality would be down quite a bit by the time it reaches the speakers. Maybe I'm not a discerning enough a listener to hear big differences..any thoughts on this?

Audio quality on a YouTube 720p MP4 is 192kps capable ... quite good, actually. Whole lot better than I normally listen to. That said, all depends on the original resolution of the rip and the expertise of whoever did the drop.

Same as it ever was ... that's always been the rub. Back in the day ... when I dubbed vinyl to cassette tape(I really disliked that format) ... my tapes sounded better than the prerecorded tapes I would buy. :confused:

If I dub vinyl to CDR's ... many of my CDR's sounded better than the CD's I would buy (loudness wars or the way they are mastered?). Makes you re-think everything you think you know about formats. :idea:

Vinyl rips sound really good on YouTube ... when a good rip is done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom