Zebra LP2844 Thermal Printer On The Way

SoCal Sam

Lunatic Member
Better yet, buy a used Zebra LP thermal printer and it uses no ink. Prints out the very same labels that all major resellers use - just peel and stick.

Thanks to damacman for the outstanding advice, I have one on order for my ebay activities. Now I can print like the post office and pocket the discount. This is the one I ordered:

Zebra

They accepted a lower offer. They offer phone support which made this a no-brainer. I'm estimating it will pay for itself in two months.

Please explain the discount?

ebay calculates shipping charge according to USPS retail tables which is what you would pay at the Post Office counter. Here are a couple of shipments I just made.

Retail / ebay printed label
23.15 / 21.03
10.65 / 9.47
3.75 / 3.05

The savings add up fast.

Last edited:
Print. Peel. Stick.

Don't get much easier . . . ;)

The hardest part is jumping into the pool. I've saved $50 since July 9.

Postscript: The LP2844 printer I got from the above vendor turned out to be defective. He replaced with a ZP 450 which is a newer model. Getting the right driver is a little tricky. Here is the driver:

https://www.seagullscientific.com/drivers/printer-driver-features/?m=zebra+zp+450+ctp

There are two versions of the ZP 450 so some care must be taken when buying. There are also two versions of spindles. The adjustable one is better.

I think a 4 oz FCM would be $2.66 no matter where you went?

And 1 pound Media Mail also at $2.66 for vinyl.

The hardest part is jumping into the pool. I've saved $50 since July 9.

Postscript: The LP2844 printer I got from the above vendor turned out to be defective. He replaced with a ZP 450 which is a newer model. Getting the right driver is a little tricky. Here is the driver:

https://www.seagullscientific.com/drivers/printer-driver-features/?m=zebra+zp+450+ctp

There are two versions of the ZP 450 so some care must be taken when buying. There are also two versions of spindles. The adjustable one is better.

How’s your Zebra zp450 treating you?
I’m getting ready to buy a thermal printer and I’m hoping to find one with AirPrint connectivity to use with my iPhone...
any advice?

I print and tape with a piece of 8.5 x 11 paper. Labels are damn pricey.

About $5 per 250 label roll which works out to 2 cents per label.

How’s your Zebra zp450 treating you?
I’m getting ready to buy a thermal printer and I’m hoping to find one with AirPrint connectivity to use with my iPhone...
any advice?

Been very happy with the zp450. I would say don't get the older LP2844, it is slower. I average about 50 transactions per month so the payback period in savings was about 2 months. The best part is my home carrier will accept the smaller packages and give me an acceptance scan so trip to post office avoided and time saved.

Is it true that usps will ship out free labels? I know they will Priority boxes right to the house.

Back
Top Bottom