Zenith, Stereophonic, BRS-89-L

alwaysSilver

Anyone have any idea what this is? It says 'stereophonic', has bass, treble and loudness controls...looks like a tube unit? IT is NOT mine! It appears on the shopgoodwill.com site... Since I am not the one who is selling it I am hoping it is okay to list it here the site (kinda a weird thing to find there) where I saw it.. I would just hate to see a cool old vintage piece end up pitched into a dumpster because no one bids on it.

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=4807475

If I am in error listing it in here please accept my apology.... :nono: = :tears: Personally I would just like to know what the heck it is...looks like something that would hook to an old portable record player!

Silver

I don't think that unit itself, is stereo, but it looks to be a mono companion tube amplifier for a stereo record player.

Cademan is correct, it is a companion amp/speaker to complete stereo playback for a portable stereo record player,
about 1959.
This was common at the time, you could buy the main phono and then add the companion amp/speaker later when you were again in the money.

I see...

..thanks for the heads-up.
It just reminded me of an old portable record player we had around as a kid (same color, finish etc) but I was not sure. Dad ran a TV/Radio service shop on the south side of Chicago back in the 50's-60's and we had all sorts of stuff around...quite often things people would trade in when they 'suddenly' remembered they did not have enough money to pay the bill for having their tv fixed lol. Boy if I only had a time machine and could go back there for even a day....all I ended up with in the way of gear when he passed on was a portable tube tester and an old scope. But I have so many neat old memories, especially since he let me...a mere girl :D , help him out at the shop I am still lucky. Those are the priceless things I will never lose.

Silver

Back
Top Bottom